Do you have experience of teaching including those with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties and are looking for a new challenge? Do you have good behaviour management techniques and the desire to make a difference? Could you support our students who are experiencing difficulties in coping with mainstream education in our school’s internal exclusion unit?
Reddish Vale High School has recently become part of South Manchester Learning Trust, forming a partnership with Altrincham College of Arts and Cheadle & Marpel Sixth Form College. The vision for the trust is to build a local, high achieving schools and college network to benefit communities across the South Manchester region. The core values of the trust are based on respect; moral purpose; positivity; care for others; inclusivity and strength through partnership. Expressed simply, the trust is committed to personal growth and academic excellence for all students.
The internal exclusion unit provides continued education for a number of students who are having difficulty in the short term coping with mainstream education, and will assist with raising aspirations and standards including behaviour and attendance for students who are disengaged, isolated, presenting challenging behaviour or who are at risk of exclusion from the school. You will establish targeted groups and, in conjunction with teaching staff, you will deliver a tailored curriculum to these groups and individual students and in addition, you will devise and implement appropriate behaviour strategies to support students to positively modify their behaviour.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- professional training in an education or related field
- experience of working successfully with students with Social, Emotional and Behavioural difficulties
- knowledge of effective behaviour modification programmes and strategies
- the ability to establish relationships with internal and external stakeholders
We can offer:
- · A friendly, supportive and hugely talented whole staff team
- · A school with an exciting future and history of continuous improvement
- · Outstanding and supportive leadership at all levels
- · An inclusive learning ethos
- · An opportunity to be at the heart of a new, emerging multi academy trust
If this sounds like the job for you then come and join us. Please visit our website for further information www.reddish.stockport.sch.uk. Completed applications should returned to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the post title and your name in the subject line. Please note that CVs will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 8am Thursday 14th December 2017
Interview date: w/c 18th December 2017
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.