The International Admissions Officer is a key member of the International Admissions Centre (IAC), responsible for providing excellent customer service and administrative support.
The IAC processes international student applications from all over the world for Abbey DLD group of colleges. There is a focus on efficiency and accuracy, as such the position demands superior attention to detail to ensure all data is processed within agreed SLAs with 100% accuracy.
There is also a strong customer service element, as much time will be spent communicating with parents, students and agents. The admissions officer will also be responsible for liaising with sales managers in the UK and abroad.
- Process applications and related documents.
- Arrange interviews for students with chosen college.
- Issue internal language test (Oxford Placement Test).
- Deliver superior customer service to parents, students and agents.
- Issue offer letters, follow up on offer letters, confirmation of place.
- Collect and maintain all data on enquiries and applications.
Skills and attributes
- Admissions experience in an international setting is preferred (but not essential).
- Excellent computer skills with standard programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent attention to detail and accurate data input.
- Strong cross-cultural interpersonal skills, professional and friendly in-person and phone presence.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to work flexible hours as workloads increase and decrease during the year.
- Experience in general office, clerical, or admissions environment.
- SIMS or database experience.
- Experience in a customer service role.
- Knowledge and understanding of UKVI regulations (desirable).
Closing Date: 16th December 2018
APG is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as an employee of APG you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff within APG Schools and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of our organisation.
The Alpha Plus Group are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.