This is a fantastic opportunity for a forward-thinking, ambitious and experienced professional to join our team as the International Principal of Nord Anglia School, Guangzhou (NAS Guangzhou, Panyu), the next school in our growing family of Chinese bilingual schools which is expected to open in September 2020.
About NAS Guangzhou, Panyu
Opening in September 2020, Nord Anglia School Guangzhou, Panyu (NAS Guangzhou, Panyu) will provide a state of the art, world-class learning and teaching environment with a total student capacity of 1,800 and a boarding capacity of 880 for students aged six to 15. Providing a unique blended learning experience, NAS Guangzhou, Panyu will offer students the best of Eastern and Western education resources and philosophies. The bilingual programme will follow a progressive blend of core elements of the Chinese National Curriculum with other renowned international curricula taught through the medium of Mandarin Chinese and English.
NAS Guangzhou, Panyu also has world-class school facilities, which include specialist classrooms for science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics (STEAM) and outstanding performing arts facilities, an auditorium, drama and dance studios, a black box theatre and music practice rooms. The campus also has extensive sports facilities including a full-sized indoor gymnasium, a 25-metre indoor swimming pool, a full-sized grass football pitch, basketball courts, tennis courts, and an athletic area, indoor athletics and activity area.
As part of the Nord Anglia Education family of schools, the school will share resources and knowledge with 61 other Nord Anglia schools around the world. The Global Campus will connect NAS Guangzhou, Panyu students with other Nord Anglia Education schools based in 28 different countries worldwide. Students will be able to extend their international experience through opportunities to learn abroad, to connect with more than 61,000 students through the innovative online platform, and to take advantage of exciting experiences and expeditions.
Through our collaborations with The Juilliard School, MIT and UNICEF, we embrace innovation to ensure students and teachers have the skills and knowledge they will need to succeed in the future.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join us as International Principal and to work collaboratively and co-operatively with the Chinese Principal to lead the development of a world-leading bilingual school. Together, you will ensure our school offers the very best international experience for our students whilst expertly delivering the Chinese curriculum to an outstanding level.
You will be a fluent English speaker, familiar with the UK or other international curricula, especially the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme as success in this area will be critical to parent perception. We are looking for a proven track-record in school leadership and a strong understanding of and respect for different cultures so that you can confidently work with school leaders, teachers, students and parents from China with diverse cultural backgrounds. Creativity, motivation, communication skills and adaptability are essential to make a significant impact in this important role.
The successful candidate will lead the school operationally and educationally in collaboration with the Chinese Principal to:
- Relentlessly pursue outstanding academic performance for all students
- Strengthen and develop the school’s mission, vision and strategic plan while ensuring the teaching and learning in the school is of the highest quality
- Support the marketing and admissions process of the school with passion and an adherence to quality, thus ensuring the school remains full and in high demand
- Develop and lead a culture of professional learning within the teaching body and develop the use of forward-looking technology in teaching and learning
- Promote our values through the opportunities we offer, the impact we make, the leadership we demonstrate and the respect we think everyone deserves
- Ensure the school is a well-organised, efficient and effective hive of purposeful activity from the start to the end of each school day
- Build and monitor the necessary teams and systems to run the school effectively
What we are looking for
The appointed candidate will:
- Possess a creative and pragmatic mind with the ability to lead innovations in teaching and learning and the broader activity of the school
- Lead with a strategic and decisive style, suitable for a highly successful school within a competitive environment
- Demonstrate understanding of how to blend the best of premium international curricula with a local Chinese curriculum using contemporary international thinking to create a distinctive positioning for the school
- Be an ambassador and help to build the brand and reputation of the school
- Demonstrate a flair for developing managerial and educational talent
- Respect, appreciate and understand a variety of cultures and societies, building strong relationships with all members of the school community
- Be committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for every student in our care and engage with children, staff and parents to ensure that we identify, understand and meet their educational aims and needs
In return for your passion to deliver the highest quality education you will enjoy a more than competitive salary, accommodation provided by us, an annual flight allowance, health insurance and places in the school for your children.
How to apply
We welcome applications from individuals who are passionate about education and have the skills and experience to make a signi?cant impact on our students and school community.
To apply for this role, please e-mail a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees to Meg De Keukelaere, Group Head of Talent Acquisition at Meg.DeKeukelaere@nordanglia.com
Applications: Closing date is 16th August
Interviews: 9th and 10th September (to be confirmed)
Start Date: as soon as possible
Nord Anglia Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to a successful medical as well as clearance from safeguarding authorities.