Isolation Room Manager
37 hours per week, term time only plus INSET
Hours of work: 8am-4pm, Monday to Thursday, 8am - 3.30pm Friday
Grade: H4/SCP 17-20. Actual pro rata £16,529.00-17,567.00 p.a.
including Fringe Allowance
Could you be an inspirational and talented Isolation Room Manager who will share and communicate the values and ethos of the school, possess excellent communication, organisational and teamwork skills be responsible for the welfare of students and ensure that they abide by the school's discipline system?
Would like to join a successful and popular 11-19 mixed secondary school that provides the highest quality education to all learners? If you believe that anyone can excel and that everyone deserves the best, then this is the job for you.
The successful candidate will have strength and determination, together with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and deal with vulnerable and challenging students calmly and purposefully. The job involves dealing with students who display challenging behaviour, communicating regularly with Pastoral Managers and the Assistant Principal for Behaviour. The successful candidate will be able to implement school policies keep thorough and up-to-date records of the behavioural journey of a student through the Isolation Room and be a good role model for students, and also be able to develop a professional, firm, fair and caring relationship with students be friendly, helpful and welcoming to parents and others visiting or making contact with the school.
We can offer:
- Professional development opportunities
- Support and mentoring by a strong Senior Leadership Team and department heads
- A full induction programme for new staff to the academy
- An incentive package, which includes: complimentary gym membership, access to the cycle scheme, childcare vouchers and full use of an employee assistance programme
- Promotion and career development within a multi academy trust setting (Meller Educational Trust)
- The opportunity to work in our double award winning £30 million building with excellent facilities
- A full programme of wellbeing and social activities as part of our commitment as an Investors in People (Health and Wellbeing Award) employer
If you would like to join an oversubscribed, forward thinking academy with a strong vision, and a team of staff and students who share the commitment to its success and are ‘Proud to Belong’ then, we would welcome your application.
Please visit our website http://thebusheyacademy.org/recruitment/current-vacancies for a job description and application form. Your application form and letter of application should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs are not accepted.
Closing date: 9am Monday 10 December 2018
Interviews: w/c 10 December 2018
The Bushey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.