Position to be filled: As soon as possible – Permanent Position
We require an IT Engineer with at least three years experience, including some experience in project management. You have a great sense of customer service and are expert in both systems and networks. Through your vision of the full picture, you will be able to provide valuable input to our team. You are dynamic, can work autonomously and have a very good attention to details.
Project management and daily maintenance of hardware and software on all 4 sites of the Lycée including:
- Coordination, participation in and follow-up of projects
- Organisation and monitoring of AV systems installation and network
- Drafting and validation of documentation and processes
- Installation and configuration of diverse functional and educational software
- Installation and troubleshooting of servers, computers and network equipment
- Configuration of all kinds of equipment and services to enable monitoring and auditing
- Monitoring networks and servers
Postgraduate degree in IT related field (e.g. Masters in Computer Engineering)
Essential technical knowledge:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows Server environment, Active Directory, Exchange, Windows 7&10, SQL Server, IIS, Linux, Mac OS, VMware
- Script (Shell, DOS, VMscript)
- Network skills:
- o Protocols: TCP / IP, UDP, SSH, SSL, etc.
- o Security (Firewall, intrusion detection)
- MS Project
- Excellent methodology/organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and great sense of customer service
- Reliable and autonomous
- Fluent in English
- French desirable but not necessary
- Very good oral and written communication skills
40 hours/week for 40 weeks (1,600 hours/year) organised around the needs of the department
Gross annual salary:
£30,185 / year (including a transport allowance of £800 gross/year)
- Free tuition fees for employees’ children (under conditions)
- 60 days holiday entitlement + 8 days bank holidays
The Lycée is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check. (This procedure is undertaken by the Lycée).
Additionally, anyone who has resided outside the UK will be asked to provide a criminal record from their country of residence.
Please complete the application form (to be downloaded from our website: http://www.en.lyceefrancais.org.uk/offres-emploi) and return it to: email@example.com.