We are looking for a Network Manager to manage an IT networking team within a busy school environment, supporting staff and students. You'll deal with computer networks linked by cable, wireless and satellite technologies. You'll be expected to advise staff on technology and how it can help them perform better, also oversee new systems design and development.
It's a sociable job which involves working with a small team to make sure the systems are running smoothly and new projects are completed on time and on budget. The candidate must have a keen interest in current technologies and have the ability to learn and adapt in an ever-changing environment. Hard-working, keen to learn, and a can-do attitude are all prerequisites for a successful candidate.
Typically your responsibilities will include:
- designing and testing network plans to meet school needs
- putting in place network security measures
- planning backup and recovery systems
- organising preventative maintenance schedules
- monitoring and reporting on network performance and usage
- supervising technical staff
- managing network growth and development
You'll usually work 37 to 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday full time. Sometimes you may have to work overtime to minimise disruption to a staff and students at key times of the academic year.
Your day-to-day tasks may include:
- installing and configuring new software and hardware
- setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords to allow access to the network
- making sure security is at the right level to block unauthorised access
- finding and fixing network faults
- setting up a maintenance plan to prevent faults
- giving technical support to people who use the network
- providing training on new systems
- carrying out day-to-day administration
- planning and implementing future developments
- IT System, Microsoft Server and network management experience
- Hyper-V Clustered Server experience
- Experience with Firewalls, switching, VLAN, LAN and WAN
- Experience in Windows Server administration (Windows 2008/2016), Exchange Server, Active Directory and SQL Server
- Windows OS platform knowledge (Windows 7, Windows 10).
- Apple Platform experience in a mixed environment
- Group Policy, Microsoft deployment systems
- Exposure to switching, VLANs and SANs
- Knowledge of Education applications or experience of working in an education establishment would be an advantage.
- Ideally some IT qualifications, for example MCP, MCSA, CCNA
- Office 365 / Microsoft Azure experience
- Cashless catering, Biometric systems, Managed print solutions (PaperCut)
- Thin Client technology (Preferably Sun Ray Services experience on Solaris)
In return Leventhorpe can provide:
- Career path and progression, you will need to keep your skills up-to-date, for example in mobile and 'cloud' technologies. You can do this through professional development training and industry certifications.
- exceptionally dedicated colleagues and enthusiastic students
- first rate personal career development with high local and regional profile through our training school status and National Support School status
- subsidised Nuffield fitness gym membership
- excellent facilities. In recent years Leventhorpe has experienced an intensive capital build programme, including most recently a £6 million new sports complex (sports hall, fitness suite, dance studio, all weather pitch and floodlit tennis courts), £1 million Learning Resource Centre, re-modelling of Design & Technology facilities, £150k annual investment in ICT provision. To accommodate our expanding roll a further £7M investment is plan to build a to include a new state of the art, performing arts block alongside a brand new science and sixth form block
- Judged Outstanding in all respects in January 2012
Please apply to The HR Manager by letter and application form which can be found on our website. Applications can be sent by post, or by email to email@example.com