We are seeking an enthusiastic, customer-focused IT professional to join our IT Support team. You will be required to provide technical support for ICT users in a large secondary school, with tasks including installing, configuring, testing, maintaining and repairing PCs, software and peripherals including multimedia equipment to school specifications.
You must have the ability to work independently and enjoy the challenges of a busy IT helpdesk. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual with broad technical and problem solving skills, excellent communication skills and a willingness to deliver excellent customer service.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an effective team player, but able to think and work independently
• Have a good knowledge and understanding of TCP, IP, DNS and DHCP
• Be Educated to GCSE level (Grades A-C in English and Maths) or equivalent
• Have the ability to carry and set-up IT equipment across the school site
• Have excellent problem-solving and resolution abilities on a range of software, hardware and network issues
This is a permanent, full-time post for 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year, with a holiday allowance of 25 days and Bank Holidays, commencing as soon as possible.
We are looking for someone with high expectations, flexible and motivated, keen to work in an educational setting with a sense of humour to enjoy the challenges of this role.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a large and successful school that works hard to enthuse its students, instil high standards, and provide them with the opportunity to fulfil their potential.