The teaching load will be dependent upon the qualifications and experience within the given subject areas and may involve teaching at our Bosco Campus (Year 7 - 8 and 10 - 12), our Mannix Campus (Year 9) or a combination of both.
Other duties will be required (eg: excursions, camps, co-curricular activites etc). All teachers are expected to contribute to the writing and development of curriculum documentation and to participate in the College’s professional learning initiatives. Regular preparation, correction, assessment and reporting, as well as the many other normal duties of teachers, are part of the ususal expectation of staff
• Strong understanding of and commitment to the Catholic and Salesian ethos of the College
• Appropriate qualifications and/or experience (including VIT Registration and subject relevant expertise)
• Recognised expertise as a classroom teacher: ability to engage students in quality learning experiences and maintain sound student management practices
• Knowledge and understanding of the learning and wellbeing needs of boys • Proven capacity to contribute to the ongoing development of learning programs
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• ICT competence (Salesian College makes extensive use of ICT, including Learning Management systems and student laptops)
• Proven ability to work within and contribute to a team
• Accreditation to teach in a Catholic School and / or teach Religious Education in a Catholic School or a commitment to attain an accreditation
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Child Safety legislation and responsibilities
Salary and Conditions
These positions come under the Victorian Catholic Education Multi Employer Agreement 2013.
Enquiries and Applications
Further enquiries should be directed to the Principal’s PA, Mrs Mary Menz, at the College on 9807 2644.
Applications, together with the Curriculum Vitae and the names and contact numbers of three (3) referees, including current Principal, should be forwarded to:
The Principal, Mr Robert Brennan by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org