The Governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational Junior School teacher maintaining the excellent standards of learning and opportunity at Cransley School.
The successful candidate will understand, value and nurture Cransley School’s ethos and will build upon the School’s success, whilst preserving its culture and mission statement: Seeking Excellence; Nurturing Relationships and Venturing Beyond.
The successful candidate will carry out the professional duties of a school teacher as set out in the current Teachers’ Standards.
The candidate will teach a full-time timetable of subjects, delivering agreed schemes of work, and to carry out the duties of a classroom teacher, and bringing a wonderful sense engagement, creativity, enjoyment and fun.
Contract: Full time permanent, following induction or probationary period.
Salary: Cransley School Main Pay Scale.
Applications from exceptional NQTs and RQTs are welcome. We would provide excellent mentoring and introduction to the profession through the national Independent Schools Teacher Induction Programme (ISTIP).
Cransley is a leading Independent Day School for boys and girls aged from 4 to 16, set in the idyllic rural estate of Belmont Hall on Warrington Road between Northwich and Stretton, near the beautiful village of Great Budworth.
We are the school where individuals matter - each and every pupil, every parent, every member of the school community.
We are the school where pupils are known and nurtured with a tailored and individually independent education.
We are the school where pupils seek excellence, nurture relationships and venture beyond what they believe they are capable, in academics, in sport, in music and the arts.
We can do this with small class sizes, excellent relationships, cutting-edge educational technology, and exceptional experienced practitioners with a passion for their subject and the wellbeing of pupils, and we are small enough to do this with lasting and consistent success.
Our GCSE results and KS2 results are amongst the very best of maintained and independent settings, and currently the best in Cheshire. Furthermore, as an inclusive school, our value-added score is one of the highest in the country.
- small class sizes, under 15 at KS1 and 2;
- increased holidays, compared to maintained settings.
- the independence of a curriculum which suits our children and their futures;
- a small caring community where individuals (staff, parents and pupils) are at the very core and purpose of the school;
- the opportunities to work with experienced and highly respected senior specialist colleagues, sharing expertise;
- substantial fee remission for children of staff members, if spaces available.
- a vibrant, happy, studious workplace with a focus on the enjoyment of learning;
- an excellent school community with delightful children and supportive, engaged parents;
- a beautiful rural setting;
- active and supportive body of governors and parents.
The ideal candidate would have the following key skills, experience and attributes:
Qualifications and Experience
- A good degree, with QTS.
- Evidence of training and/or delivery of the KS1 and KS2 Primary Curriculum (Cransley School delivers the Rising Stars Progression Framework, enhanced with the facilities and opportunities available at a through-school, EYFS to GCSE).
- Good understanding, experience and knowledge of current educational issues for the 4-11 age group.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to listen, consult and discuss;
- Excellent ICT and Literacy skills, with knowledge of formative assessment educational technology, e.g. Classroom Monitor, 2 Simple Build-a-Profile etc)
- Willingness to be visible and act as an ambassador for the School to current and prospective parents, feeder schools and the wider community
- Experience of delivering synthetic phonics systems, and encouraging a love of reading
- Knowledge of multi-sensory, problem-solving and investigatory approach to learning in Maths and English
- Ability and willingness to maintain and develop an outdoor learning programme (e.g. Forest Schools)
- Ability to provide and promote an exemplar standard of spoken language and oracy
- Ability to lead and drive innovation in technology across the curriculum, as well as project management skills
- Willingness to go above and beyond, seeing the value in extensive extra-curricular opportunities, in sport, music, art and other areas
- Willingness to arrange local trips and excursions
- Find extensive enrichment activities for our pupils
- Highly efficient, with excellent time management skills
- Commitment to achieving the highest possible academic standards and personal outcomes across the curriculum.
- Natural empathy with the underlying pastoral ethos of Cransley School;
- Excellent judgement and integrity
- Impressive personal presence, able to act as an ambassador and advocate for the School
- Confident and assured communicator who can build substantial relationship with parents and pupils and colleagues.
- Strong, dynamic and inspirational
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong leader and team player
- Strategic and forward-thinking
- Adaptable, collaborative and decisive
- Ability to delegate and trust as appropriate
- Knowledgeable and approachable, able to relate to pupils, staff, parents and the wider community.
How to Apply
We hope you may find our wonderful school of interest and see a successful future here at Cransley. You are welcome to come to visit the School and see its potential. Please email Mrs Clare Holt email@example.com or Ms Tracey Totterdell firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
We look forward to your potential application and demonstration of the skills you may be able to bring to our School.
The deadline for applications is 12.00 noon on Friday 15th February 2019. Interviews will take place in the week beginning 4th March 2019.
You are asked to submit an application solely through the TES website. Other applications will not be considered.
For further information, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.