Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a Key Stage 1 (KS1) Teaching Assistant to join our successful supply teaching support team and to work in a local primary school in Gateshead. This will be a full-time role based in a Year 2 classroom commencing in January 2019 for the remainder of the academic year. Previous experience using Read Write Inc. phonics programme and delivering small group Literacy interventions is desirable.
This larger than average sized primary school who are looking for a committed and successful practitioner to join their motivated team. They will be supported by an inspirational Headteacher, a strong leadership team and committed governors. The school has recently been inspected by Ofsted, in which they received an ‘Outstanding’ Grading.
The successful Key Stage 1 (KS1) Teaching Assistant will have excellent knowledge of working with children in the KS1, and ideally will have worked with children with SEND. They will be required to be able to provide support both in and out of lessons ensuring children progress in Key Stage 1 (KS1).
To be considered for the position of Key Stage 1 (KS1) Teaching Assistant you must:
- Have experience supporting children in primary education in Key Stage 1
- Hold a Level 3 qualification in childcare
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of Primary School Staff
- Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as an Key Stage 1 (KS1) Teaching Assistant, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated Primary consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Unparalleled daily rates
- Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling qualifications
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a qualified Key Stage 1 (KS1) Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Apply today or for more information on this and other teaching opportunities across Vision for Education contact the Primary Education team, at the Newcastle upon Tyne.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All candidates will be required to complete our safeguarding checks and undergo an enhanced DBS check.