We are seeking to recruit an experienced well qualified and enthusiastic Key Stage 1 Lead Homeroom teacher to join our motivated team.
The successful candidate will join a creative and supportive department, playing a key role in the improvement of the academic success within the school. All our teaching staff are expected to be fully involved in the extra-curricular life of the school.
This is an exciting time to join Beaconhouse Malaysia and we welcome applications from teachers looking for an opportunity to secure their initial overseas position or from experience international educators.
Beaconhouse International Schools are located in popular areas of Kuala Lumpur. We offer a broad and balanced education that recognises the importance of academic success without underestimating the role that education plays in helping pupils to develop a wider understanding of themselves and others.
Our curriculum is based upon the Cambridge International Curriculum and is supplemented by the English National Curriculum, Early Years Foundation Stage but also reflects the local needs of our student body. External Examinations are available at IGCSE level in all subjects and student progression is supported by Checkpoint tests in years 6 and 9.
We invite dedicated and suitably qualified candidates to join us as a Lead Homeroom Teacher at Key Stage 1. This is an interesting position and will suit someone who is keen to support and empower colleagues. The successful applicant will take on the role of lead teacher and work alongside a team of local teachers in delivering the curriculum as well as developing teaching and learning across the school.
The main facets to the position would be to develop pedagogical practice across all classes in the Key Stage; develop mathematics or literacy curriculum across the primary school and developing the use of digital learning across the primary school. There will be a similar position in Key Stage 2.
The ideal candidate will:
Ideal candidates will
• Be qualified to teach in your home country with teacher registration
• Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience for Malaysian visa purposes
• Have excellent knowledge and understanding of effective teaching and modern pedagogical approaches to students ages 5 to 7 years old, including integrating digital learning across the curriculum
• Have experience of Cambridge International Curriculum or the English National Curriculum. Experience of both these programmes would be an advantage.
• Be fluent in spoken and written English
• possess the ability to inspire, motivate, challenge, support and empower students in their care
• experience of leadership and supporting colleagues
• demonstrate a proven track record of raising attainment in the classroom and will ideally have successful experience of teaching at this level
• be willing to contribute to wider school initiatives and the curriculum
The initial contract will be for two years renewable by negotiation on its completion.
Short listed candidates will be initially interviewed via Skype or in person depending on location.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited make an application using the Quick Apply button below. Complete all sections of the application form; upload a letter of application and current CV, including a recent photograph as part of the CV.
The letter of application should include reasons for applying to Beaconhouse Malaysia, outlining your particular strengths or expertise, examples of innovative practice and integrating digital learning in your teaching and any examples of empowering or developing colleagues.
Beaconhouse Malaysia reserves the right to employ before the advertised deadline. It is therefore essential that you send applications as soon as possible. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).