Hillborough Infant and Nursery School is Ofsted rated Good, with happy, well-behaved pupils who are keen to learn. Following our recent refurbishment programme, we are pleased to offer an enhanced building and a stimulating environment for our children and staff.
We can offer:
· A supportive, enthusiastic and friendly team;
· A supportive leadership team;
· Children who are well behaved and want to learn;
· Commitment to your own professional development.
About the job
Hillborough Infant and Nursery School is looking to recruit a passionate and committed KS1 Teacher / Year Group Leader, to start in January 2019.
As a Class Teacher can you offer:
· Excellent classroom practice;
· Strong commitment to raising standards;
· High expectations of all pupils work and behaviour;
· Support the ethos, aims and vision of the school;
· Ability to work as part of a team;
· Motivation, drive and enthusiasm.
In addition to the roles and responsibilities of a Class Teacher (as described in the Teacher Standards) the Year Group Leader will:
· Have experience of professional leadership and management of KS1;
· Support the Head Teacher in the effective and efficient running of a year group, embracing the schools ethos, values and aims, being an exemplary role model;
· Contribute to the development of excellence through developing and creating policies, supporting staff during their implementation, monitoring and evaluating their impact;
· Play a major role, under the direction of the Head Teacher, in monitoring and evaluating the provision and outcomes for pupils in the year group, using this information to work with the Head Teacher to create year group development and improvement plans;
· Be responsible for implementing assessment procedures and be accountable for the outcomes of pupils in a year group;
· Be an outstanding teacher and lead teaching and learning within the year group team, creating an engaging curriculum and actively engaging parents in the life of the school;
· Ensure that the KS1 team work together effectively and efficiently, by providing excellent organisational ability, leadership and management skills.
Visits to the school are welcomed and strongly encouraged. Please contact Ms Rahman on 01582 725 764 to arrange a convenient time or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online applications are preferred and can be submitted via TES, Luton Borough Council's or MyNew Term (Bedfordshire) recruitment websites. For an application form please send a large SAE to the school address: Ms Rahman, Hillborough Infant and Nursery School, Hillborough Road, Luton, Beds, LU1 5EZ.
Applicants for this public-facing post will need to demonstrate the ability to converse, and provide effective help or advice, in fluently spoken English.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Luton Borough Council is also committed to following a policy of equal opportunities. You must be a UK resident or hold a full UK visa.
CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in schools.