Key Stage 2 Classroom Teacher
St John & St James' CofE Primary School
- Expiring soon
- M2-M6 (£30,155.00-£39,006.00)
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- January 2018
- Apply by:
- 17 November 2017
St John & St James’ C of E Primary School is a one-form entry Primary School located in Hackney. We are a Federation of eight schools called Primary Advantage. We believe that our schools can gain many benefits from working collaboratively and can achieve more by working together. We have made a commitment to a shared responsibility to the wider education community, the provision of good quality education and the improvement of life chances for pupils in the community beyond that of our own schools. Teachers, support staff, school leaders and Governors have added expertise in working alongside colleagues to improve provision and outcomes for pupils.
We are looking to recruit a talented teacher to join our school community. You will play a key role in providing the best possible standards of teaching and learning for our pupils. This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational, highly motivated and ambitious practitioner with experience in Key Stage 2 to play an integral role within our outstanding school.
We wish to appoint teachers who have:
- Excellent teaching and interpersonal skills
- The potential to develop others effectively and work as part of a team
- Highly reflective practices
- Creative and new ideas with an ability to translate them into inclusive practice
- High quality organisational skills
- Evidence of improving student outcomes
In return, we can offer:
- Friendly, dynamic and enthusiastic pupils
- A dedicated and motivated staff team who strongly believe in team work and building positive relationship across the school
- An experienced leadership team working in partnership with the Primary Advantage Federation of schools achieve more together
- Exciting opportunities within our vibrant and multicultural community
- A high focus on care, guidance and support for all staff members
- Access to high quality professional development opportunities including Leading Practitioners, Consultant support, partnership CPD and class based Lesson Study approaches
Visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged. For queries in regards to this post, or to return your applications, please contact our Business & Resource Manager, Nikki Lawrence, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 17th November 2017 (3.00pm)
Interviews (week commencing): Monday 20th November 2017
For more information about our school, please visit our website at www.johnjames.hackney.sch.uk
Successful candidates will be required to apply for an enhanced Criminal Record Check via DBS. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expect all members of staff to share this commitment.
About St John & St James' CofE Primary School
- St John & St James' CofE Primary School
- Isabella Road
- E9 6DX
- United Kingdom
St John & St James’ CofE Primary School is federated with another primary school in the borough (Holy Trinity CofE Primary School). This federation was formed three years ago and benefits from a shared Executive Principal, senior leadership team and Governing Body.
We are an outstanding school were pupils achieve extremely well both academically and personally. The school serves an ethnically and socially diverse area, with more than two-thirds of our pupils coming from minority ethnic groups. We currently have a school roll of 235 pupils aged 3-11 years.
The school has gained a number of awards, including Activemark 2009 for our delivery of PE within the school, Healthy Schools Status, the Basic Skills Quality Mark, and we are also an accredited Success for All school.
We believe that our pupils have excellent role models across the school and they learn responsibility and respect for each other very quickly. Our pupils enjoy coming to school, their attendance is good, and they are proud of their school and of the part they play in deciding its development.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.