Enthusiastic Key Stage Two Teacher sought for a International School in Ferrera, Italy.
Smiling International School has two locations in Ferrara: Early Years and Primary School are located in Corso Porta Mare 117, while the last two grades of primary school, secondary school and high school are located in the historic Palazzo Gulinelli, in Via Roversella 2-4.
The International School is the first and only school in Ferrara where the main language of instruction is English. It was born thanks to a passion and desire for an innovative didactic approach which would provide an education in line with the changing times and European standards. Students are at the center of the didactical projects, and we respect their individual inclinations. Our teachers work together with a lot of interdisciplinary projects: in addition to Italian, English, Math or Art, our primary school children study Computer Science, Chinese and Music.
We aim to:
– Teach the Italian ministerial program in English (teaching Italian syllabus - similar to the UK Curriculum except for History and Geography)
– Emphasize a global approach to education
– Develop the students’ fluency in both English and Italian to a high level (Italian will be taught by an Italian native speaker - not included in this job role)
– Promote an inclination towards problem solving and critical thinking
– Encourage creativity in music and arts
– Develop students’ physical abilities and promote a healthy lifestyle
– Stimulate the innate curiosity and desire for learning present in each child
– Strengthen collaboration, dialogue and respect among students and the community both inside and outside of school
For more information, please download the applicant information pack (find attached).
Or for an informal chat about the role or to find, contact Laura Ooms on 0203 194 3030 or firstname.lastname@example.org