Key Stage 2 Teacher required for September 2018
Cokethorpe Junior School is a small, friendly and vibrant school that places a large emphasis on academic rigour as well as its pastoral care and sense of community.
We are seeking an outstanding and experienced Key Stage 2 teacher with a passion for teaching and the ability to inspire pupils in their learning. The ability to offer Latin would be an advantage. There must also be a willingness to contribute to the sporting and extra-curricular life of this successful and ambitious school.
We offer an excellent working environment and regular opportunities for professional development and training.
· Ensure a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
· To teach all subjects as required to a class of children, undertaking all of the duties expected of a class teacher
· Teach any required subjects to other groups and classes, as reasonably required
· To be committed to academic excellence, using teaching methods which inspire children to become independent and curious learners
· Maintain a good up-to-date knowledge of the Key Stage 2 curriculum
· To set clear targets for children’s learning, building on prior attainment
· To monitor, assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of the children
· To provide a stimulating learning environment and ensure a high standard of display work that is routinely maintained
· To communicate regularly and effectively with parents and staff
· Support colleagues as necessary and cooperatively work as part of a team, attending all meetings and INSET
· Contribute to co-curricular school activities including clubs and residential field trips, as and when necessary
· Attend school functions
· Keep the Head of Junior School fully informed of any significant developments concerning children
· Undertake such duties and tasks which may be reasonably assigned by the Head of Junior School
For more information on Cokethorpe Junior School and how to apply, please view the School's website
Deadline for applications: Noon Monday 21 May 2018