Do you want to work in one of the top 5% of schools in the country for progress nationally, equipping students for success in both further study and future employment?
- Be well qualified and enthusiastic
- Have outstanding teaching, management and interpersonal skills
- Be enthusiastic and able to inspire and manage a talented team of teachers
- Be able to teach Science across the 11-18 age range
- Be passionate about Science and committed to improving teaching and learning
- Ability to lead on the development of Key Stage 4 Science
- Have good interpersonal and presentational skills
- Be forward thinking, inspirational, receptive to change and able to work under pressure
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic and creative team
- A supportive environment in which your talent and commitment will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
- A superb opportunity for an experienced practitioner to work in a flourishing department
- Management and Leadership CPD opportunities are available
- An iPad to deliver engaging lessons.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an outstanding school and make a major contribution to the schools continued success.
Further details and an application form are available by contacting the school, or can be downloaded from our school website. Visits are warmly welcomed and highly recommended - please contact Ms Adams, Personnel Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications from non-Catholics are welcome. All staff are required to be supportive of the Catholic ethos and we have a full time Chaplain that can help support individuals within their role.
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 13th October 2017
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 16th October 2017
Reference No: Eteach/SHR 17-234
“St Philomena’s is an exceptional school.”
OFSTED March 2008
“St Philomena’s High School for Girls is an outstanding Catholic school. It achieves both academic excellence and outstanding personal and spiritual development for all pupils.
Pupil’s take full advantage of the opportunities offered to them at St Philomena’s and are happy to contribute to all aspects of school life.”
Section 48 Inspection
St Philomena’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Surrey SM5 3PS
Tel: 020 8642 2025 ext 202
Fax: 020 8643 7925
The school has 1,390 students with 268 in the Sixth Form.
Headteacher Ms M Noone