Key Stage 4 Leader - Mathematics
TLR2 £4,393 + Inner London Main Pay Scale
The City of London Academy (Southwark) is a vibrant and innovative educational community in the heart of Bermondsey sponsored by the City of London Corporation. As part of the City of London Academies Trust, our vision is to inspire each and every student to achieve their potential through high-quality teaching, provided within an environment led by a strong sense of pride and belonging to the Academy and the wider community.
As the lead for the London South East Maths Hub we are part of a collaborative national network of 35 hubs that bring together mathematical educational professionals to develop and spread excellent practice, for the benefit of all pupils.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Key Stage Leader for Mathematics. We encourage applications from teachers who feel they can add value to an already highly-effective department and prosper in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
The role could be for you if you are passionate about inclusive education and fully committed to optimising the transformational opportunities that are available, secure in the knowledge that you are joining an ambitious and forward-thinking Multi-Academy Trust. You will be joining a MAT that has the opportunity, resources and freedom to promote innovation and reward talent.
Successful candidates must:
- Have strong leadership skills
- Be teacher of mathematics consistently ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ classroom practice
- A passionate advocate of the subject who contributes effectively to departmental and whole school improvement
- Able to teach across the full age and ability range at age 11-16, including A-level.
- Eager to become a supportive Form Tutor
- Able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school
- Have high expectations of themselves and others
- Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and a good team player
All applications must be made via the online TES application form. CVs will not be accepted.
The City of London Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.
The post is open for applications up to 12 noon on 20th May 2018.
Interviews will be held as and when applications are received.