We seek to appoint an outstanding Key Stage Leader of Geography who has enthusiasm, energy and commitment to lead a key stage and contribute to the further development of the Geography curriculum. The successful candidate will bring with them innovative and creative ideas to lead either Key Stage 3 or 4 in geography to stretch and inspire our students to ensure they reach their full potential. This is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding geography teacher who is aspiring to move into a middle leadership role.
This is an exciting time to join Egglescliffe School and Sixth Form College as it works collaboratively alongside the primary schools in Vision Learning Academy Trust, striving to provide a world class education through seamless transition from Primary to Secondary and post-16 education. The schools in our MAT work collaboratively and are committed and determined to provide an exceptional educational experience for all our learners.
Providing a world class education for all of our learners requires exceptional teaching staff. We invest in our staff with a comprehensive CPD programme ensuring that all of our teaching staff, at all career stages, have the opportunity to grow and develop. We provide a supportive working environment in which our staff flourish so they can deliver excellence. At Vision Learning Academy Trust we want to appoint teachers who are enthusiastic about their subject, and are as committed as we are, to every child achieving the very best they can.
Egglescliffe is an oversubscribed, successful mixed comprehensive 11 – 18 school. Our visitors comment on the extremely positive learning atmosphere at the school and the focus on every student achieving and exceeding their potential.
The school was rated “Outstanding” by Ofsted in both 2008 and 2013. We also hold the following national awards:
-Ofsted Outstanding School Status
-Sport England Sportsmark
-Healthy School Award
-National Teaching School
-National Support School
Applications are invited from inspirational Geography teachers who can demonstrate:
- They are an enthusiastic and committed teacher with vision, drive and commitment
- A passion for developing student engagement and educational progress
- An innovative approach to teaching and learning and model excellence in the classroom
- Proficiency in planning, assessment and target setting so that all children make good or better progress
- An ability to inspire and support all students to achieve their full potential
- They have the outstanding subject knowledge required to lead and develop either the key stage 3 or 4 curriculum in geography
- An ability to raise attainment, having a measurable impact at both an individual and departmental level
- That you can lead the monitoring and evaluation of quality teaching and standards.
- An ability to develop innovation in teaching and learning, motivating and inspiring both colleagues and students through outstanding teaching.
- Hold a relevant teaching qualification and QTS
What Egglescliffe School can offer you:
- An inclusive, successful and outstanding school and sixth form
- Friendly, well-motivated and enthusiastic students
- Professional and rewarding opportunities
- Work with a collaborative team that is passionate about the progress and development of every student
- A welcoming, warm and supportive staff team
- Excellent CPD opportunities at all levels
More Information Obtainable
For further information about the role and to download an application form, please visit www.egglescliffe.org.uk and send your completed application with a 1500 word covering letter to:
Mr S White, Headteacher, Egglescliffe School, Urlay Nook Road, Egglescliffe, Stockton-on- Tees. TS16 0LA or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 8.30am Friday 23rd February 2018
Interview Date w/c 26th February 2018
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.