Full Vacancy Description
(as it will appear online) *
HORIZON PRIMARY ACADEMY
An exceptional learning community
Horizon is a ‘good’ school with outstanding aspirations
Full time – September 2020
Do you want to be part of an incredible team, which works together to ensure every child can be the best they can be? Do you want to work in a high performing Academy? Then Horizon could be the place for you!
The post is for KS1 or KS2 and will be open to either someone with experience of leading English or another core subject or for an aspiring leader, looking to develop the skills and experience of core-subject leadership. We are looking for a teacher with several years of experience and a track record of consistently good or better teaching.
We are looking for a committed and passionate English Leader with the capacity to lead reading and writing across the school. The role will require the successful candidate to lead whole-school reading and writing initiatives that lead to consistency of practice across the key stages; closely monitor the quality of learning across the school, including book looks, gathering pupil voice and lesson observations.
We seek commitment, professionalism, productivity and a passion for putting the children first.
If you believe you are what we are looking for, we can offer you:
• Teaching and Learning Responsibility (TLR)
• A clear vision for school improvement, driven by ensuring the best school experience and learning outcomes for the children
• Weekly leadership time to carry out effective leadership work
• Leadership training and support both in-house and through the NQPML or NPQSL programmes
• Access to a network of subject leadership support and development through the TKAT trust
• Regular opportunities to work alongside a supportive, driven and aspiration senior leadership team, focused on what is best for the children
• Further opportunities to develop into senior leadership positions with a clear and structured flightpath towards career goals and ambitions
• Bespoke in-school support and CPD to continue to develop teaching skills across the curriculum
• The opportunity to work within a close and supportive team of teachers and wider staff
• A whole-school commitment to developing effective pedagogy with a strong teaching and learning culture and environment;
• A culture of high expectations, coupled with a warm, nurturing ethos;
To get a clear picture of the school and the opportunities we can offer you, a visit is highly recommended. Please contact the school office on 01322 610064 or via email at email@example.com
During all visits you will have the opportunity of a guided tour with the Headteacher.
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and other employment checks.
TKAT is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.