Fortune Kindergarten International School (FKIS) belongs to Xiehe Education, a private organization now responsible for thirty educational institutions in Shanghai, including primary schools and middle schools. Xiehe Education is Shanghai’s largest private educational organization.
Fortune Kindergarten International School was first established in March 1998 and now has over ten campuses in Shanghai.
At FKIS we have a unique approach to bilingual education with each class having both a Chinese and English speaking classroom teacher. Our co-teachers deliver a truly bilingual school-based thematic curriculum with equal emphasis given to both languages. We offer a caring and supportive environment, merging Chinese and Western teaching and learning approaches. Each class also has a full-time caregiver. With our focus on personal as well as academic development, together with an international education, we are truly preparing our young children for the future.
Fortune Kindergarten International School offers early childhood education for 2-6 year old children of expatriate families and Chinese citizens. The school population is diverse with over 30 nationalities represented within the school community.
· Classroom Teacher (Dongfang Campus)
· Full-time; Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
· Positions available for ages 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, & 5-6
· Contract starting mid-August 2018 – mid-July 2020 (renewable thereafter)
· Native Level English speaker (from qualified English speaking countries: USA, Canada, Australia, South Africa, UK, Ireland, New Zealand)
· Energetic and creative with a passion for working in early childhood education
· Cooperative, caring, and patient
· Teacher Certification and/or Education Degree (preferably in Early Childhood Education)
· Share equal responsibility with your Chinese co-teacher for daily teaching, classroom management, lesson planning and parent communication
· Competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and previous teaching experience
· Paid holidays according to our international school calendar
· Medical Insurance: purchased by school
· A roundtrip airfare of maximum 10,000RMB reimbursed annually
· Performance and contract completion bonus
· The school will apply and pay for a work permit and residence visa
· Support in professional development
· Other benefits
Please also enclose your recent photo and contact details of two referees (including current Principal) together with a CV and letter of application.
Applications to be sent to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org