Kindergarten English / Homeroom Teacher
HD Beijing School
- Job type:
- Full Time, Fixed Term
- Apply by:
- 22 November 2017
Knowledge and Skills
1. Native level English speaker;
2. Education related major of Bachelor or above;
3. Teaching certificate, Montessori Certificate or experiences preferred;
4. At least 2-3 years’ classroom teaching experience with pre-school children;
5. Highly energetic, creative, reliable individuals;
6. Homeroom teacher experience.
Scope of Responsibility
1. Plan and prepare English lessons and events;
2. Teach English classes and other classes as needed in classroom;
3. Attend planning meetings as well as staff meetings as required by administration;
4. Maintain clear communication with parents about student progress, behavior, and improvements;
5. Prepare and attend Parent-Teacher Conferences;
6. Assist in classroom decoration and preparation for events and themes;
7. Support in marketing activities and recruiting plan.
About HD Beijing School
- HD Beijing School
- Dongba Country Park East Gate, (by 2nd Airport Express), Dongba, Chaoyang
Following its successful launch in August 2017, HD Beijing is quickly establishing itself as one of the City’s leading bilingual schools. The School is superbly located in the Dongba region of the capital – to the northeast of Beijing City itself. Dongba is the area of the Chaoyang District that is rapidly developing into a new international CBD, complete with high-end commercial and recreational spaces. HD Beijing is an important addition to this high-profile district, offering a genuinely outstanding international education that blends the best of British with the best of Chinese. The curriculum provides students with a broad and balanced learning experience – one in which tradition meets creativity, and East meets West.
HD Beijing not only benefits from being part of the successful network of HD Schools in China (HD Shanghai, HD Ningbo & HD Qingdao), but also from its strong relationship with Hurtwood House, our UK partner school. HD Beijing draws on Hurtwood’s experience and expertise at providing an all-round education. Children not only achieve excellent academic results but also develop interests and skills to prepare them for the challenges of life beyond school. With this in mind, the curriculum at HD Beijing offers a broad range of opportunities designed to develop intellectual growth, physical and emotional health, artistic endeavours, creativity and service to others.
The School is committed to fostering genuinely bilingual and bicultural students, enabling them to gain competency in Mandarin and English, as well as preparing them culturally for life in an increasingly interconnected world. The curriculum is taught using a dual-language immersion approach – students benefit from lessons delivered by native speakers of English and Chinese, with some subjects being taught by both teachers in the same classroom. As well as supporting students to become bilingual, the low pupil to teacher ratio enables HD Beijing to deliver a highly personalised approach to learning.
We recognise that the success of HD Beijing depends on the quality, wellbeing, and motivation of our staff. International leaders and teachers can therefore expect an excellent set of benefits, including
- a highly competitive salary and expatriate package.
- a commitment to professional development.
- a dedicated and passionate human resources and support team, committed to making life in China as comfortable as possible.
- career progression opportunities that arise from being part of a rapidly expanding education group in a dynamic market.
HD Beijing is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from persons who are appropriately qualified and suited to the positions available regardless of age, race, sex, disability, religion or belief.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.