Kitchen Porter Required
Required to start as soon as possible
£8.45 per hour
We are seeking a full-time, permanent member of staff to join our catering team as a Kitchen Porter. We are looking for dynamic and articulate candidates with a can-do attitude, who can clear and clean high volumes efficiently and be capable of heavy lifting. You should be adept at basic food preparation with an attention to detail and a flexible approach to our business needs.
Working hours will be 7am-2.30pm, Monday to Friday, term-time, plus 5 weeks in the summer holiday (37.5 hours per week).
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent communicator
- Be adept at basic food preparation
- Be able to clear and clean high volumes effectively
- Be able to maintain the highest standards of service and hygiene
- Have an organised, flexible approach to all work undertaken
- Be able to lift heavy deliveries and put away efficiently
We can offer you:
- Excellent professional development
- Superb facilities to work in
The closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 25th September 2017
The school reserve the right to appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date so early application is recommended.
Further information and an application pack are available on the School website: www.farringtons.org.uk
Farringtons School is set in 25 acres of beautiful grounds, close to London. We provide an excellent academic and supportive day and boarding environment for girls and boys age 3 -18.
The School is a member of MIST (Methodist Independent Schools Trust)
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure & Barring Service.