ASSISTANT HEADTEACHER for KS1
Required from 1 September 2018 or earlier
Salary Range - L2-L6 (Inner London), dependent on experience
Are you looking for a new challenge? Would you like to be part of an expanding school?
St Mary’s is a Church of England Free School that opened in September 2014. We moved into our new purpose built school last summer with our own copse and an outlook over open fields to the back of the site. And yes, we are in the London Borough of Ealing! As a free school, we have the freedom to devise our own curriculum based on the National Curriculum, but pertinent to our school community and locality.
By September 2018, we will have classes from Reception to Y4 and are seeking to appoint an outstanding KS1 practitioner. The successful candidate will be working with the Headteacher, Staff and Trustees to further develop our innovative, engaging and creative curriculum.
The school was rated Good in both the recent Ofsted and SIAMS inspections. Ofsted noted:
- Staff praise the “unique” culture of the school where teachers and leaders collaborate regularly
- Leaders encourage teachers to take appropriate risks and reflect on what works well in their classroom
- Positive behaviour is reflected across the school
- The school’s curriculum promotes positive values
- One parent described the school as “a breath of fresh air with committed staff”
The successful candidate will be:
- An outstanding KS1 practitioner
- Someone with a minimum of 4 years experience
- Experienced in leading an aspect of school life e.g. subject leadership
- Someone who enjoys a challenge and is looking to take the first step into senior leadership
- Someone who would like the opportunity to develop the outdoor classroom
- A team player, able to develop strong relationships, promote positive parental involvement and links with the wider community
- Committed to their own personal professional development
- Someone who will support the Christian values that lie at the heart of our new school
We will offer you:
- An exciting opportunity to be fully involved in the creation and shaping of our dynamic school
- Pupils who are engaged in their learning and take pride in the school
- Professional Development opportunities within an exceptional educational setting
- A “high specification” school with a unique outdoor learning environment, state of the art technology and resources set in attractive and spacious grounds in West London
- A supportive school trust
Please contact Jane Mutch, Headteacher on 020 3693 0510 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this exciting opportunity further or arrange a visit to the school.
For information about St Mary’s C of E Primary School, including an application pack, please go to the school’s website: stmarysschoolng.org or contact Jane Maqbool – School Administrator on the above number.
Applications close - 12, midday, on Monday 29th January 2018
Interviews w/c 5th February 2018
St Mary’s C of E Primary School Norwood Green Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure.