Please note that we are unable to offer sponsorship, therefore applicants should have leave to remain and work in the UK and have UK approved Qualified Teacher Training Status.
Shortlisted candidates must be available to come to interview in London and be observed teaching a lesson - we will not conduct telephone/online interviews.
The Koinonia Federation was formed in 2013 when St Mary Magdalene CofE All Through School joined with Christ Church CofE Primary School (East Greenwich). Our two schools work in collaboration, which has helped us share our expertise in delivering quality education to the pupils of Greenwich.
We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated class teacher to cover maternity leave at our Christ Church primary campus, SE10 (Year 5), in the first instance, and then working in the primary phase either at Christ Church or at one of our St Mary Magdalene sites (Woolwich or Greenwich Peninsula).
Are you passionate about children and their learning? If so, come and join our friendly and supportive team, where you will be provided with opportunities to develop your career.
We are looking for:
· an enthusiastic colleague to join our team
· a reflective teacher
· a good teacher, capable of working collaboratively with their year group colleagues on planning etc.
· someone with a passion for a creative curriculum
· highly organised, motivational and flexible
We can offer:
· friendly and sociable colleagues
· supportive management who are committed to improving teachers’ work/life balance
· TA support in every class
· a commitment to continuing professional development, offering both Federation and externally run courses
· guaranteed PPA time in at least half day blocks (with the option for PPA at home each term)
· choice of a MacBook or Windows laptop for use at school and at home
· a staff football team and regular opportunities to play badminton and golf.
If you are passionate about teaching and learning and you would like to be a part of our continuing success story, then we would love to hear from you.
Applications will be considered on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange a mutually convenient interview date.
As this role will involve contact with children we will take up at least two references before interview asking about your suitability to work with children. Any job offer will be conditional on you having a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Criminal Records Check and Barred List Check, having the legal right to work in the UK and having satisfactory overseas criminal records checks if deemed necessary.