KS2 Class Teacher
St George's Catholic Primary Voluntary Academy (Part of BHFCAT)
- Outer London MPS/UPS
- Job type:
- Part Time, Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- January or February 2018 depending on candidate's circumstances
- Apply by:
- 4 December 2017
KS2 Class Teacher
The Governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated teacher to join our over-subscribed 2 form entry school graded as 'good' with 'outstanding' behaviour in our last Ofsted. The contract is initially for 4 days per week Monday to Thursday for 2 terms with a view to becoming full-time and permanent from September 2018. The school enjoys an excellent reputation and parents are very positive about the education of their children and highly supportive of the school.
To join us on our learning journey, you must:
- Have a love of learning and dedication to your own professional development
- Be a practising Catholic or be able to support and contribute to the strong Catholic ethos of the school
- Have high expectations of pupils and be an excellent classroom practitioner
- Have good organisational skills and be able to communicate effectively with children. parents and staff
- Be enthusiastic for collaborative team-work and share best practice with others.
We offer you:
- Confident, courteous and highly motivated pupils with outstanding behaviour
- Professional, dedicated staff and good support
- Aspirational leadership, enabling professional development
- Dedicated and highly supportive parents and governing body
- A varied, rich curriculum with emphasis on creativity
- Excellent outdoor space and facilities
A CES application pack can be downloaded from our school website www.stgeorgesprimary.org. The successful candidate will be required to sign the Catholic Education Service contract.
St George’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. References and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure will be completed for the successful applicant.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact the school office to arrange for a visit request.
Closing Date – Monday 4th December 2017 12pm
Interviews – Wednesday 6th December 2017
St George’s Catholic Primary School
Telephone: 0208 422 1272
About St George's Catholic Primary Voluntary Academy (Part of BHFCAT)
- St George's Catholic Primary Voluntary Academy (Part of BHFCAT)
- Sudbury Hill, Harrow
- HA1 3SB
- United Kingdom
St George’s Catholic Primary School is a voluntary-aided primary school for pupils aged 4-11. The Roman Catholic school is located in Sudbury, in the north-west London borough of Harrow.
St George’s has about 470 students, and is maintained by the Diocese of Westminster in partnership with the London Borough of Harrow. In addition to the primary school, St George’s has since 2002 operated a 30-place day nursery called St George's Dragons.
Values and vision
St George’s Catholic Primary School’s mission statement is: “We are learning and growing together as God's family. We will always do our best to love and respect each other as we prepare for our future.”
The school is committed to working closely with families and the parish to give pupils the best education. Its aim is to ensure the school provides spiritual guidance, care and a first-class primary education. St George’s encourages pupils to take responsibility for their actions. It seeks to develop their self-esteem through achievement and has high expectations of behaviour.
"Pupils .. receive an excellent education that is focused on both academic and personal growth. Academically, pupils achieve highly in national measures."
"Behaviour is exemplary. Pupils are enthusiastic to learn and they join in with discussions and activities in lessons with genuine excitement."
"Leaders support the development of all staff at the school. They make sure that they receive appropriate training and guidance tailored to their role and professional needs."
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.