Inspirational experienced Key Stage 2 Class teacher, Balham, Wandsworth, South West London
Employer: Rutherford House School
Salary: Main Scale (with the possibility of a TLR 2a based on experience)
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Suitable for NQTs: No
Start date: Monday 2nd September 2019
Closing date: Thursday 25th April (4.00pm)
Interview date: Week beginning 1st May 2019
Rutherford House School is in its final year before becoming full. We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and experienced Key Stage 2 teacher, who will support the school in its pursuit of developing lifelong learners who leave embodying our School and Trust values.
What do we offer you?
- Children who are happy, well behaved and have a desire to learn. Our children are confident, articulate and future leaders
- The opportunity to teach a curriculum that develops awe and wonder (Big Bang topic launches and end of topic celebrations), curiosity (Thinking skills and Philosophy for Children) and explanation (our bespoke version of Maths Mastery and Talk for Writing)
- A focus on a work-life balance; with reduced marking and planning expectations
- Additional weekly release time for class assessment and leadership development
- Excellent peer support and social opportunities from our outstanding, forward thinking team and across our 7 Trust schools
- A focus on the professional development of all staff and the possibility of a TLR for the right candidate
What do we want from you?
- Commitment to deliver our School and Trust vision and values
- A reflective practitioner, with a strong desire to raising standards and igniting a love of learning
- A passion for teaching and the belief in sharing best practice to inspire and motivate others
- Enjoyment of working in a forward thinking, fast pace and developing school
If you want to help children learn, enjoy and succeed and have the ambition and enthusiasm to work in partnership with us, we would love to hear from you.
Visits to the school are highly recommended. We have two open events, where you will have the opportunities to meet with Mrs Mallett (Headteacher) and have a tour of our wonderful school.
Wednesday 24th April at 9am and Thursday 25th April at 2pm.
Please contact the Ms Smith (Office Manager) to make an appointment on either 0208672 5901 or email@example.com
Application packs are available to download or can be requested from Ms Smith.
As part of BPET and Rutherford House’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, all employees employed within schools are required to undergo an enhanced DBS check. Further details can be found on the Disclosure and Barring Services website https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Rutherford House School welcomes a diverse population of both children and staff and committed to promoting and developing equality of opportunity in all its functions.