Full Time, Permanent Post
Application Closing Date: Thursday 18th January 2018 by 12pm
We would like to observe shortlisted candidates teaching in their own school w/c 22nd January
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 6th February
Start date: Monday 9th April 2018
Are you an outstanding classroom practitioner who leads by example, motivates and inspires others and enjoys making a significant individual contribution?
Do you have the enthusiasm and commitment to become our new KS2 teacher and to lead English across our school?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic individual to join our highly inclusive and friendly school where pupils are keen to learn and strive to do their best.
In this role, you will be working closely with our senior leadership team to drive improvements in English and secure high standards in this subject. You will be well supported by the Wellington English cluster, through on-going CPD and training and through membership of the Somerset Literacy Network. The post will include dedicated leadership time.
You will be ambitious for the school, be able to build good relationships, and embrace the vibrancy and inclusiveness we value.
The successful candidate will be:
- An outstanding class teacher with an in-depth knowledge of the curriculum and how pupils learn
- A skilful communicator who can forge effective working relationships with pupils, staff, parents / carers and other schools
- A highly motivated leader who can provide a strong model of teaching for other staff
- Passionate about English and keen to inspire others
- An aspiring senior leader who is committed to their own professional development and is keen to progress further in their career
We offer a school that is:
- Welcoming and friendly with pupils who are enthusiastic and motivated to learn
- Committed to ensuring all pupils meet their full potential, develop as well rounded individuals and are well prepared for the next phase of their education
- Staffed by a highly skilled and cohesive team who strive to achieve the highest possible standards
- Committed to providing high quality, continuous professional development with potential senior leadership opportunities for the right candidate
- Passionate about school improvement and open to new ideas
- Committed to the well-being of its staff and in developing ways to manage teacher workload
- Governed by a strong and supportive Board of Governors who strive to improve outcomes for children in Wellington
Our pupils and staff are extremely proud of their school and would love to show you around. Please call or email Nicola Johnson on 01823 662 438 / email@example.com to arrange your visit and request an application pack.
Please email completed application forms to the email address above by:
12pm on Thursday 18th January.
Beech Grove is a safeguarding school committed to promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS.