This position is available only for FEMALE candidates.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and highly motivated, qualified, female primary school upper Key Stage 2 teachers from September 2021. These are new positions following Sherborne Qatar School for Girls continued expansion and move to a new state-of-the-art site in January 2021. For the right candidate there is an opportunity to apply for the Deputy Head / Head of Key Stage role. Please see the separate job description uploaded on TES.
This is a fantastic opportunity for teachers to gain experience in one of the highest performing premier independent British Curriculum schools in the Middle East. This position is also a great opportunity for more experienced teachers to advance, as there will certainly be opportunities for progression as the school grows to full capacity over the next three years.
Successful applicants must have:
• A certified teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent (PGCE/PGDE must be accompanied by a subject relevant Bachelor’s Degree)
• Exceptional subject knowledge, with extensive experience of the British curriculum.
• A desire to help build a thriving department in a new girls’ school.
• A proven track record of providing outstanding teaching and learning.
• A willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities after school
• Experience of teaching pupils with English as an Additional Language or English as a Second Language.
• Experience of integrating technology into primary teaching.
• 2 years previous international teaching experience.
As a teacher at Sherborne Qatar School for Girls you will:
• Promote our mission and values.
• Have the ability to generate excitement about learning.
• Have a sense of humour.
• Be emotionally intelligent.
In return we can offer you:
• The opportunity to teach bright, well – motivated, hardworking pupils.
• The opportunity to be part of a supportive, forward thinking staff team.
• An excellent working environment.
• The opportunity to get involved in Extra Curricular Activities and the Enrichment Programme.
• An attractive tax-free salary, accommodation and additional benefits.
• A good work/life balance.
• CPD opportunities.
• Strong links to Sherborne Dorset, one of the oldest and most distinguished independent schools.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all staff must share this commitment. The post is subject to enhanced DBS checks.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates are asked to complete and upload via TES the application form, and upload a covering letter of application (no more than two A4 sheets) addressed to the Headmistress, Mrs Jane Goldsack. Please express your interest in, and suitability for, the Deputy Head role in your covering letter.
Please select the QUICK APPLY button below where you will find the application form.
Completed application forms should be returned by Friday 14th May 2021. Interviews will be held virtually as soon as possible but you are encouraged to apply early to secure your role.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Successful applicants will be required to travel to Qatar around 18th August 2021 for induction training.
For further information regarding Sherborne Qatar School for Girls, please visit www.sherborneqatarsfg.org.
Sherborne Qatar School for Girls
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 3 - 17 years