We are seeking to employ an experience and qualified KS2 Teacher with expertise in supporting mainstream pupils alongside those with a range of additional needs.
This is a full-time post and is required as soon as possible:
To be successful in this role, you must:
• Be suitably qualified and experienced in teaching up to KS3 level.
• Hold QTS
• Be passionate in using your knowledge of current theory and practice in teaching and learning, and SEND, to provide a highly effective curriculum delivery, in a stimulating and enjoyable way.
• Be an enthusiastic team player, willing to go above a beyond to facilitate the learning and experience of the young people in your care.
• Be engaged with the school ethos, thinking creatively and reflectively within an open, honest and hardworking team, while keeping the needs of the young people in your care firmly at the centre.
• To carry out the professional duties of a KS2 Teacher in accordance with the school’s policies
• To be an effective professional who demonstrates thorough curriculum knowledge and can plan and deliver well-structured lessons meeting the needs of all pupils.
• Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils and contribute positively to the life of the unit and of the school.
In addition to the School’s general requirements and key responsibilities set out below, Teaching Staff must also have regard for the Teacher’s Standards set out by the Department for Education. As a minimum a teacher must:
1. Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.
2. Promote good progress and outcome by pupils.
3. Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge.
4. Plan and teach well-structured lessons.
5. Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils.
6. Make accurate and productive use of assessment.
7. Manage behavior effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment.
8. Fulfil wider professional responsibilities.
Hurst Schools Limited
- English secondary schools
There is no such thing as a typical Hurst Lodge student. We are a non-selective Independent School taking boys and girls from three to eighteen offering exceptional and diverse teaching to support children and make their time at school happy and prod...