Contract type – Full time
Contract term – 2 year renewable contract.
The successful candidate will teach in KS2. Further responsibilities are available to a suitable candidate.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate teacher to join and contribute to the success of an over-subscribed international school already popular international school. We provide a British Curriculum to both expatriate and local Tanzanian children, giving every student of different backgrounds the opportunity to develop life-long knowledge, experience and skills that will equip to succeed later in life.
Isamilo International School is a Cambridge International Curriculum school in Mwanza, Tanzania. It is the oldest International School in Mwanza and is held high esteem. We offer an exceptional and well balanced education to 400+ children from a broad spectrum of cultural backgrounds aged between 2 and 18 years. We also have boarding students from across East Africa. We have a committed team of creative, resourceful and inspiring teachers and teaching assistants. The school benefits from a close-knit community where teachers, students, parents and guardians all come together to guarantee a memorable and enjoyable experience. We are now looking for a like-minded professional to join us. We would like you to learn more about our school by browsing our website.
The campus incorporates a sports field, netball and tennis courts as well as an outdoor 25metre swimming pool. There is a great range of extra-curricular activities offered by our staff. Community Service is very strong in the school with staff and students supporting our Saturday School outreach programme and local orphanages. The academic calendar has three terms. Term 1 generally runs from September 1st to December 8th. Term 2 is from 3rd January to 31st March while Term 3 is from 18th April to 7th July (based on 2016-17 dates).
Mwanza is the second largest city in Tanzania, after Dar es Salaam. There are frequent ferries to neighbouring islands, including Rubondo and Ukerewe. It has a growing population of over 700,000 residents. As well as being in close proximity to the Serengeti, Mwanza is just a short flight away from Dar es Salaam, Mount Kilimanjaro and Zanzibar. Mwanza boasts breath-taking views of Lake Victoria, famous rock formations and local wildlife.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant degree and professional teaching qualification required
- A minimum of 3 years post-qualifying teaching experience
- A strong understanding and working experience of the English National Curriculum and/or an international equivalent
- Relevant CRB/Police checks
- Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents and all staff members
- Excellent administration, organisational and ICT skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- An outstanding role model to students
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
- A willingness to contribute to the extra-curricular and pastoral life of school
- Flights provided at the start and end of contract to your country of origin
- Start-up grant issued
- Furnished, secure accommodation close to school
- Visa and residency
- Medical insurance for the successful candidate and up to two dependants
- Opportunities to join day and residential school trips for boarders and a range of year groups across Africa
- Free school places for up to 2 dependents
- Generous holidays to travel home and/or beyond
- A strong, supportive expatriate community providing a ‘home away from home’
- Professional development and guidance given
- End of contract bonus
If you meet this criteria we would welcome your application. Please contact the school office for an application pack.
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The school is committed to safeguarding students and appointments depend upon relevant CRB/Police checks and references.