Featherstone Primary School is a three-form entry school in Southall, a vibrant and diverse community in West London. We are seeking to appoint a class teacher to lead a year group and lead a curriculum team. We had a very successful Ofsted inspection in July 2017. Opportunities for further career progression, leadership and promotion are available for motivated and talented teachers.
We can offer:
- A positive and caring ethos and working environment
- Enthusiastic, motivated, well-behaved children and supportive parents
- A committed, friendly, welcoming and supportive staff team
- Excellent support from the headteacher and governing body
- Regular leadership and management time
- High quality and bespoke professional and career development opportunities
We are looking for an exemplary classroom practitioner who will:
- Inspire and motivate staff, parents and children
- Be an excellent communicator with proven interpersonal and people skills
- Raise standards, accelerate progress and improve the quality of teaching in the year group
- Have proven experience in contributing to and driving school improvement
- Lead by example and maintain high quality teaching and learning opportunities for all pupils
The Governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the PA to the headteacher, Sylvia Procter, who will be happy to arrange a mutually convenient time. There is no closing date for applications or interviews but the vacancy will be withdrawn as soon as the post has been successfully filled. You may wish to check current availability with Miss Procter before applying.
For an application pack please see the school website on the address below.
Deadline for final applications: open and ongoing
T: 0208 571 8465 (direct line) or 0208 571 4977
Follow us on Twitter: Featherstone Primary@FeatherstonePr2