We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and highly effective Mathematics specialist to lead Key Stage 4 in the department, supporting the Learning Area by developing pedagogy and embedding school policies across the team. The role will predominantly focus on improving progress for students and coordinating the work of colleagues.
You may be in a position where you wish to undertake an initial leadership role, or be looking to gain experience of leadership within an 11-18 Academy, which offers excellent A level provision. Whatever your current position, we will provide extensive tailored CPD to challenge, grow, equip and prepare you for the next phase of your career.
As an Academy we are forward thinking, yet hold tight to firm educational values that bring about examination success.
We are looking for someone who is-
· committed, highly-competent, reflective and resilient individual
· has a sense of humour and good interpersonal skills
· has excellent communication skills
· strives to be an outstanding practitioner in the classroom
St Wilfrid’s is a popular and oversubscribed 11-18 Church of England Mark 2 Academy, committed to providing an excellent education, both academic and social, within a Christian context. It is located close to the Ribble Valley and has excellent road links with the M6, M61 and M65.
· an Academy where results exceed the national average
· highly resourced with purpose-built facilities
· a caring community where standards are high and students thrive
· an Academy driven by strong values with a Christian ethos which permeates all levels.
For further information and informal discussion about the post or to arrange a visit, please contact the Academy Mrs C Holt (PA to the Principal).
Closing date: 9.00am on Tuesday 17th April 2018.
A recruitment and retention allowance will be available for a suitably qualified candidate.
Full details are available on the Academy website, or by email from email@example.com. Alternatively, please contact the Academy office on 01254 604000 who can provide an application pack.
Potential applicants should note that a full DBS check will be carried out before an appointment can be confirmed. The successful applicant will also be required to undertake training in the Academy’s Child Protection and safeguarding procedures on appointment.