The Directors of the Gardener Schools Group have established Kew House School in the conviction that there exists an opportunity for a different kind of independent secondary school in London - academically demanding but with a modern approach to selection criteria, the flexibility of the curriculum and recognition of creativity and talent.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Laboratory Technician to work primarily with Chemistry teachers and students.
Reporting to the Head of Science/Chemistry you will support the management, storage and provision of resources and apparatus within the department ensuring a safe and hygienic working environment.
- Educated to at least A level equivalent in Chemistry, degree level preferred.
- Experience of working in an educational environment
- Experience and understanding of health and safety issues particularly relating to the use, handling and storage of chemicals
- Experience of ordering, monitoring and controlling stock
- Experience of setting up apparatus and of maintenance and upkeep of the equipment
- Knowledge of monitoring usage and disposal of chemicals
- Ability to offer learning support in the department
- To promote the use and provision of data logging apparatus and other ICT facilities within the department.
The school is committed to staff development and this position will provide a good springboard for further promotion within the school and beyond. All staff will be encouraged to attend INSET courses and will be provided with ample professional development opportunities.
To apply, please submit a completed application form together with supporting letter of application and details of two referees. One referee should be from your current or most recent employer. References will be taken prior to interview. You must provide original documents as proof of identity and right to work in the UK at interview.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Mr Mark Hudson, Headmaster, Kew House School, 6 Capital Interchange Way, London, TW8 0EX.
Closing date: Midday on Monday 15 October 2018.
Suitable applicants will be contacted by email and invited to attend an interview by arrangement.
All appointments are made in accordance with our equal opportunities policy and applicants should let us know of any special needs they may have. Kew House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and questions will be asked at interview to assess suitability of candidate to work with our children. All appointments are subject to satisfactory criminal record (DBS) check.