Full or Part-time and Job Share applications considered
£16,776 - £20,595 (pro rata if part-time) (Depending on qualifications and experience)
An experienced Laboratory Technician is required to support the running of 5 busy Labs used for FE and HE teaching. You will be required to provide technical support to lecturers, provide support for HE students with sample analysis, deliver training to teaching staff and support the preparation and effective use of the laboratories on a daily basis.
Our well equipped laboratories will require you to have experience in a range of the following techniques;
• Microbiology and Bacteriology
• Nutritional analysis including bomb calorimetry, electro-spectrophotometry and atomic absorption.
• PCR, Electrophoresis and ELISA.
• Thin layer Chromatography.
• Blood, Urine and Faecal analysis.
• Kjeldahl digestion and Acid detergent fibre analysis.
Whilst the position is full-time, we would welcome job share applicants and would also consider applicants who wished to work on a substantial part-time basis. Please outline in your application if you are applying on a part-time or job share basis and if so how many hours you wish to work.
This post is based at the Sparsholt (Winchester) campus
Closing Date: 26 February 2018
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 22/23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider