SUBJECT LEADER FOR LANGUAGES - TLR 1a
We are looking to appoint, with effect from September 2018, a successful and experienced teacher to lead the Languages subject area. This is an excellent opportunity to develop professionally, whilst contributing significantly to the achievement of our students.
We are looking for someone who -
- Specialises in Spanish at least to higher level GCSE. French would be a welcome addition.
- Enjoys being part of a team and sharing ideas and materials
- Wants to make lessons fun and engaging
- Wants to participate in language trips and activities
- Enjoys learning new skills
Please note, current or recent experience of teaching in a UK school is required.
The languages department is :
- a welcoming and supportive team, keen to develop and improve, both as individual practitioners and as a group
- fully equipped with resources and relevant technology, including interactive white boards
- successfully offering the full range of qualifications up to A Level Spanish and French
Moulton School is a successful, popular and over-subscribed school on the northern boundary of Northampton. The school was graded Good in its last two Ofsted inspections, and there is a strong commitment to further improvement based on effective teaching and learning and high expectations of students. Whilst maintaining firm discipline, built around our ASPIRE ethos and school values, the school is deeply committed to supporting the development of whole child, and is one of very few schools to hold the Restorative Services Quality Mark. Our student leadership programme is also a significant strength of the school. As a member of staff at Moulton School, your on-going professional development is of crucial importance, and the school has an outstanding record of supporting colleagues into middle and senior leadership roles.
“The school makes people feel special” Parent
“Being at Moulton School has been a great experience and I have learnt lots!” Year 8 student.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to show this commitment. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure & Barring Service, the costs of which will be met by the school. Please note that referees will be contacted prior to interview in accordance with accepted Child Protection Procedures.
Further details and application forms are available from the school website www.moultonschool.co.uk
Closing date: 23 April 2018