Lead for Psychology & Teacher of a Core Subject
Astrea Academy Dearne
- Quick apply
- TMS/UPS + TLR2a (£2640)
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- Jnauary 2018
- Apply by:
- 22 October 2017
Lead for Psychology & Teacher of a Core Subject
TMS/UPS + TLR2a (£2640) (Plus access to a tailored CPD package)
Required January 2018
‘There is an impressive array of training opportunities for staff’ Ofsted 2016
‘Value such as ambition, respect and kindness are publicised and promoted throughout the school. This has helped to improve student’s behaviour and attitudes to learning’ Ofsted 2014
The Dearne ALC (11-16) is proud to serve the Dearne Valley communities and we are within easy access of the A1 motorway meaning Leeds, Wakefield, and Sheffield are on our door step. Candidates must be able to teach across the ability and age range, supporting the development of a core subject to the highest standards for all pupils at Key Stages 3 and 4.
Candidates must also be able to be the lead for psychology. Career development recruitment incentives:
• £500 each year invested in your own CPD programme
• Access and support to follow middle leadership programmes from the outset e.g. NPQML, Teaching Leaders
• Candidates should be looking at this post as a career pathway to middle leadership
• We advise you to come in and speak with the Principal and Vice Principal to discuss the above and shape the next 3 years of your career, thus this post is suitable for both RQTs and experienced teachers. The Dearne is on “Requires Improvement”.
Ofsted have confirmed ‘great things are happening at this school’ and we are on a strong trajectory to reach “Good” by December 2018.
Attainment 8’ up by over two points;
· On average all students got a grade higher than last year in over two of their subjects; Maths attainment above national;
· 4% above national for grade 4+
A rise of 13% in the last 3 years English progress in line with national;
· English attainment up from 58% C+ last year to 69% 4+ (best grade) this year Science attainment above national (4+);
· 4.5% above national in core science
· 13.2% above national in additional science
· 13.5% above national in further science
Basics (students achieving a 4+ in both English and maths);
· Now over 55%
· Up 15% in three years 42.5% of students leave with at least 1 top grade (A* / A)
We love to help our students learn and value the staff who help them do so, thanks to:
• An outstanding ‘Teaching school standard’ professional development programme for staff at all stages of their career.
• A leadership development programme for all interested high-quality staff.
We are looking for a Lead for Psychology & Teacher of a Core Subject who really cares about helping our students succeed and is willing to support the development of a core faculty. This role would be a perfect first promotion for an aspirant psychology teacher and equally a great opportunity for a talented experienced teacher.
You will be joining a faculty who:
• Put students first - We create differentiated resources that are engaging and student-centred; our innovative lessons inspire our students to achieve. Our consistently high standards of delivery drive improvements and raise aspirations across both key stages.
• Supports CPD and career development – We support and challenge each other’s teaching through frequent CPD, team meetings, peer observations and coaching and mentoring for all new staff.
• Value team spirit and positive working relationships – We support each other through team-teaching and collaborative planning, fostering a positive working environment.
Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn. Visits are welcome and these can be arranged by contacting our Principal, Chris Robinson, via her PA on 01709 892565 ext 1229 or Felicia Swann, HR Manager on 01709 892565 ext 1204.
In joining The Dearne ALC you can expect a supportive culture within a school with very high aspirations, moving forward at pace. If you believe that instilling aspiration and ambition can transform the lives of young people then we would love to hear from you.
The closing date for applications will be 9am on Monday 23 October. Interviews will take place Tuesday 24 October Details regarding interviews will be confirmed with short listed candidates.
As safer recruiters an enhanced disclosure from the DBS will be required for this post.
About Astrea Academy Dearne
- Astrea Academy Dearne
- Goldthorpe Road, Goldthorpe, Rotherham
- South Yorkshire
- S63 9EW
- United Kingdom
Do you want to be part of a team where you will help make a lasting impact on our students and rapidly accelerate their progress?
Do you want to work in a school where you are free to teach, with impeccable student behaviour and unhindered by bureaucracy?
We are looking to recruit outstanding staff who share our vision and passionately believe that all children can achieve, no matter what their starting point, background or needs.
Astrea Academy Dearne is an 11-16 secondary academy situated in Barnsley, with around 1150 students. We are within commutable distance from Wakefield, Leeds, Doncaster and Sheffield and are a proud member of the Astrea Academy Trust family of schools. We have the highest aspiration for our students to achieve their very best and grow both as individuals and as members of their community. We are a truly comprehensive and inclusive academy. This is reflected in our approach to all areas of our work.
What we offer:
- Huge support and progression opportunities
- A knowledge rich curriculum, built on ‘powerful knowledge’ and a traditional T&L approach built around Rosenshine and TLAC
- Collaborative planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources
- An excellent curriculum and resources, co-ordinated by the Astrea National Leads
- A feedback policy focused on whole class feedback – no onerous marking policies
- Disruption-free learning and a ‘warm/strict’ behaviour system
- Highly visible/supportive senior leaders who have your back
- Centralised detentions, including homework detentions (you do not need to organise/run/chase them at all)
- No formal graded lesson observations – just ongoing ‘no-stakes’ instructional coaching, helping you to continuously develop
- Excellent ongoing CPD, career development and promotion opportunities across the Astrea South Yorkshire region
- Opportunity to complete NPQs
- An unrivalled professional progression model
What we are looking for:
· Highly effective teachers with excellent subject knowledge
· Both teaching and support staff who do not make excuses for what children can achieve
· Candidates who are totally aligned with our vision and values. If you are the type of person who fits with our culture, you will love working here.
We actively welcome visits and would be delighted to show you around our Academy, so you can fully appreciate our learning environment. Please contact Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
Visit our website
Visit our Twitter Page
See all our current vacancies here.
About Astrea Academy Trust
We are a part of Astrea Academy Trust, a thriving family of 27 academies committed to inspiring our pupils beyond measure. Our aim is that every child gets a brilliant education, we will do this by pursuing aspirational standards with tenacity and drive, and by never settling for second best and not tolerating something that does not live up to our standards. We will remove performance barriers and develop a scholarly culture of behaviour and learning from students and of pedagogy and curriculum from our staff to ensure our children learn, thrive and lead successful lives.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.