Required for September 2018
Lead Practitioner Computer Science
(Salary Scale L8 £54,246 – L12 £59,084)
St Paul’s Way Trust School, in association with Queen Mary, University of London, is seeking to appoint an outstanding Lead Practitioner of Computer Science, or someone who wishes to take up this role within 1 year (TLR 2b during training year).
St Paul's Way Trust school views Computer Science as a critical life skill which, taught effectively, will enable our students to thrive in a rapidly changing job market.
The successful candidate will be:
· A subject specialist able to excite and enthuse students
· A credible teacher with a track record of strong academic results at KS3, 4 and 5
· An inspirational colleague able to motivate staff and influence teaching practice across the school
· An advocate for Computer Science able to raise the subjects' profile across the Foundation and Trust school
· An ardent networker able to utilise the school's external links, to establish specialist pathways and industry opportunities for students
· An aspirational individual who is seeking opportunity and development
As part of the St Paul’s Way Trust ‘School of Education’ you will continue to develop your leadership skills by undertaking internal and external deployments.
In March 2013, Ofsted described the school as ‘Outstanding’ in every category and the school was commended for its “relentless pursuit of scholarship and excellence”. In 2014, the school was designated as a National Teaching School. Our award winning new building is situated in the heart of East London. Professor Brian Cox OBE is our Patron.
Ready to Investigate? Please Come and visit a school where the leadership team shares your ambition and passion for Computer Science.
Deadline for applications: Midday, Thursday 15th March 2018
Interview date: Week beginning 19th March 2018
For further details about the post and to download an application pack please visit www.spwt.net
To apply, please send covering letter and completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: We do not accept CVs alone.
St Paul’s Way Trust School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS Check which will provide criminal cautions, convictions or reprimand; this will include a Barring List check.