Lead Practitioner - English
LPR 1 – 5 (£39,965 – 44,106)
- Have the ambition to lead and support others in delivering and developing excellent teaching and learning?
- Strive to inspire others to raise the quality of teaching and learning?
- Want to raise the attainment and progress of students in English through innovative curriculum design, first wave teaching, tracking, intervention and study support for young people?
- Strive to develop ambitious, confident, resilient young people and adults?
- Wish to have the opportunity to influence provision in English across the Academy/Trust?
Sir Thomas Wharton Academy could be the place to develop your career
Our 11 – 18 school and collaborative Sixth Form is going through an exciting period of change. Sir Thomas Wharton Academy is part of an innovative Multi-Academy Trust with four primary and two secondary Academies providing quality education and support for families and young people within the locality.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious, talented and highly effective teacher with a proven track record of securing successful student outcomes across all key stages. The Lead Practitioner for English will possess the key leadership qualities necessary to develop professionals, inspire young people and contribute to school improvement as part of the extended Academy leadership team.
The successful candidate will:
- Have vision, energy and enthusiasm for learning and teaching
- Be proactive, innovative and focused on student outcomes
- Be an aspiring, ambitious leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a proven track record of delivering and shaping high quality teaching and learning
- Be an advocate of partnership working and community engagement
In return we offer:
- An opportunity to contribute to developing teaching and learning across the Learning Trust
- Modern learning spaces which inspire outstanding teaching and learning
- Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Professional Learning and Development at leadership level
- Mentoring and support from an experienced leadership team
How do I apply?
For further information – or to arrange a visit to the Academy - please contact Mr Alun Owen, Assistant Vice Principal: English, at email@example.com
An Application Form, Role Description and Person Specification can be found on the Academy website or can be obtained by calling the Academy.
Completed applications, including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role, should be addressed to Mrs Yvonne Bootman, Associate Principal and submitted to Mrs Nichola Winder, PA to the Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Academy address below:
Tait Avenue, Edlington, Doncaster, DN12 1HH
Closing Date: Wednesday 20th March 2019
Interviews: W/C 25th March 2019
Committed to Safeguarding & Promoting the Welfare of Children. An Equal Opportunities Employer