Salary Scale Leadership L7 -11
Start date: September 2019 or sooner
Closing date for applications: Friday 22nd March 2019
St John Plessington Teaching School Alliance is seeking to appoint an excellent practitioner to work in one of our most recent school to school partnerships. We have been commissioned by The Frank Field Education Trust to support them in an exciting new venture ensuring social justice through excellence in education. This post will work within The Frank Field Education Trust’s first secondary school, The Ellesmere Port Church of England College and will involve working with the expertise of St John Plessington Teaching School Alliance to rapidly improve this fantastic school.
In 2014, St John Plessington became a Teaching School thereby extending our network further and we are a major contributor to our local area across all strands of the Teaching School remit. Over the years we have welcomed over a 100 schools to view what we do well. In 2016, the college achieved a SSAT award for “exceptional student Key Stage 4 attainment” in recognition of being in the top 20% of schools nationally. We also achieved the SSAT award for “exceptional student key stage 4 progress” in recognition of being in the top 10% of schools nationally. We have received these awards each year since 2009. As part of the SSAT family we have contributed to the system by hosting a range of Conference Days as well as being part of Leading Edge.
St John Plessington Catholic College Voluntary Academy has been an outstanding and oversubscribed 11-18 college for more than 10 years. In 2007 and then again in 2013 was judged by OFSTED to be outstanding in every category and over this time has been awarded numerous accolades. This has included the prestigious award by The Times Educational Supplement (TES) of “Outstanding Secondary school of the year” in 2010, Investors in People Gold Award 2013, the TES award for “Numeracy and Mathematics” in 2013 and were shortlisted for the TES award for “Literacy and English” in 2013. We were shortlisted for the TES Secondary School of the Year Award in 2018. The College has been a national support school since 2009 and has provided extensive school to school support during this time.
OFSTED Inspection – May 2013:
What OFSTED has said about us:
• The students at St John Plessington are the jewels in the crown of this outstanding College
• Behaviour and safety of pupils are outstanding
• The Leadership and Management are outstanding
• The achievement of pupils is outstanding
• The quality of teaching is outstanding
• Teachers have high expectations of their students
• The behaviour of students is exemplary. They are happy, safe and have real pride in their College
• Students value the strong relationships they have with each other and their teachers these relationships, built on a foundation of mutual respect, create an atmosphere where outstanding learning can take place
• The outstanding leadership of the Head Teacher supported by passionate and determined colleagues is central to the success of the College. They share an unwavering belief that all students can achieve their potential.
What we can offer:
• A chance to work in a cutting edge, outstanding comprehensive Teaching School
• The opportunity to make a significant difference to our children’s lives in an environment that has high aspirations for all.
• The chance to help shape and develop our other school through collaborative leadership and dynamic interpersonal skills
• A working environment that is modern and professional
• Great experience for those who want to work at the very highest level in education
• A comprehensive, tailored CPD offer at every level
For further details about this exciting role and how to apply, please contact: Claire Beckwith on 0151 645 5049 Email: email@example.com or visit our website www.stjohnplessington.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment