We require for September 2018 (or before), a dynamic and ambitious Teacher of Science to join our cohesive Science Faculty. This role will be very competitively remunerated on the Main Pay Scale, Upper Pay Scale or Leadership Pay Spine according to expertise and experience. This is a new position which we wish to make to add capacity to ensure standards in science rise as quickly as possible. There will be the opportunity to lead our partnership work with our sponsor, Haileybury and/or lead the development of our work with primary schools. The exact nature of leadership opportunities will be flexible to meet the skills and interests of the successful candidate who will be either a biology, chemistry or physics specialist.
Haileybury Turnford is an 11 to 19 mixed comprehensive; we have been sponsored by Haileybury, a co-educational independent school, since September 2015. We are yet to have our first Ofsted inspection as a sponsored academy. Our exam results jumped in 2017, and we are anticipating further increases this summer in Year 11 and the Sixth Form.
- An exciting role in a forward looking school
- Committed and supportive middle and senior leadership teams
- An opportunity to make a real difference for our students in Science
- Professional development opportunities
- The opportunity to teach in our sixth form
We are looking for excellent teachers who:
- Have a passion for teaching and learning in Science
- Understand the needs of students and how to remove learning barriers
- Are inspirational, innovative and creative leaders
- Have a proven track record of raising standards with their classes
- Understand the use of high quality self-evaluation and CPD
This role requires the successful candidate to:
- Play an important role in the future development of Science in the school
- Have an understanding of effective strategies to improve the quality of teaching and learning, behaviour and student outcomes in Science
- Have the ability to analyse data and produce strategies for improvement in Science
- Work closely with the Director of Science and Science staff to raise standards across Science
There will be an opportunity for you to apply to become a Specialist Leader of Education (SLE) as part of the continuous professional development opportunities we will provide. The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 26th February. Interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates on Friday 2nd March 2018.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer. Haileybury Turnford is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to employments checks and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. This post is exempt from the Rehilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure.
Please apply to email@example.com with a covering letter no more than two pages giving reasons why you wish to apply for this post, and a completed application form (below) .
Closing date: 26th February 2018 12:00:00
Interview date: 2nd March 2018
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com