LEAD PRACTITIONER — Humanities (Geography Specialist)
L1 to L6
We are delighted to offer this opportunity to join Ridgeway High School, a popular and oversubscribed school that provides a wonderful environment for teaching and learning.
At Ridgeway we are committed to achievement and success. We are looking for a candidate prepared to become part of our highly motivated team, which is dedicated to our ‘LEARN for Success’ culture and ethos. We aim to ensure that all students have opportunities to show leadership; to develop endurance and resilience; to fulfil their aspirations; to demonstrate respect for themselves, others and the environment; and to acquire skills that nurture well-being and lifelong learning.
The successful applicant will:
- be a well-qualified and dynamic geography practitioner ready to contribute to an outstanding, enthusiastic and fully committed humanities department
- have a proven track record of good results and be able to develop staff within the department and across the school
- be an outstanding classroom practitioner with a passion for improving the life chances of young people
- develop and implement teaching and learning initiatives across the school, raising standards and the overall quality of teaching and improving student outcomes
The successful applicant will be expected to teach across key stage 3 and key stage 4.
We can offer you:
- experience of teaching in a school with rapidly improving results
- the opportunity to be part of a dedicated and vibrant team
- state-of-the-art facilities
- superb opportunities for professional development
Required for September 2020
Salary Range L1–L6
Starting point to be negotiated with the successful candidate
For an informal discussion regarding the post, please contact Ms Liz Williams, Deputy Headteacher, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning the school on 0151 678 3322.
Application forms are available to interested candidates from Mrs H Lynn, Headteacher’s PA, by emailing email@example.com
Completed applications are to be submitted no later than 12pm on Tuesday 7 April.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check. Ridgeway High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of race, sex, age or disability.