St Michael’s Church of England High School
St Michael’s Road
Full Time Permanent - Lead Practitioner - Mathematics
Lead Practitioner Pay Range LPR 4 -8
Required for April 2019 (or sooner)
This is a wonderful opportunity for an inspirational teacher of Mathematics to lead and develop the teaching and learning of Mathematics at St Michael’s Church of England High School. Last year 66% of students gained a Level 4 or better, but we aspire to achieve excellence.
We are looking to appoint a committed, enthusiastic and innovative teacher to lead and develop the subject and raise standards of achievement further in Mathematics.
This is an exciting and demanding opportunity for a dynamic and ambitious practitioner to move into a significant leadership role within the department. The successful candidate will possess a high level of expertise to inspire and engage all members of the school community, coaching individual staff to teach outstanding lessons.
We require a colleague who
· Has superb leadership and coaching skills
· Has a high level of expertise in Mathematics, with a proven track in raising standards
· Is an outstanding teacher, whose teaching adds value to all students
· Is a passionate mathematician who can help raise the profile of subject across the school
· Is energetic and resilient
· Is confident leading Teaching & learning CPD sessions with staff
The key areas of responsibility will be:
· To improve the quality of teaching and learning in Mathematics and hence the pupil outcomes
· Promoting high standards in all aspects of Mathematics education,
· Actively contribute to whole school teaching and learning issues
St Michael’s Church of England High School is a caring Christian community. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to support this ethos.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children. Enhanced DBS checks will be required.
For Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification please visit www.sefton.gov.uk/jobs and return application form to school email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Noon on Tuesday 27th November 2018.