Lead Practitioner Mathematics
Starting date: 1st September 2019
Lead Practitioner Scale 1- 4 (£39,768 - £42,821)
If you are a strong maths teacher with a proven track record of delivering good or better exam results in GCSE Maths then we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for someone with:
• Teaching talent, with the ability to teach maths at KS3, KS4 and KS5
• Drive and ambition to improve student results.
• Evidence of how you have delivered results.
• A personal desire to be the best.
• High expectations to inspire and motivate staff and pupils alike
• The ability to analyse student data and identify appropriate interventions
In return we offer:
• A supportive working environment within a team of highly effective practitioners who already achieve high standards.
• Fantastic students who “behave extremely well in lessons and around the school” and who are “polite and friendly” (Ofsted).
• A supportive and friendly staff
• A great working environment with state of the art facilities
• Excellent opportunities for Continuous Professional Learning
• Discount on Lifestyle Fitness Gyms
• Child care vouchers
• Cycle to work scheme
We are a forward thinking progressive school with a very successful and rapidly increasing sixth form.
The maths team consist of 8 fulltime committed specialists. We deliver GCSE Mathematics, GCSE Statistics as well as A ‘Level Mathematics and further Mathematics. It is a very supportive team who collaborate regularly to ensure our standards remain high. We look forward to welcoming a new colleague.
As a school we seek to develop honesty, reliability, self esteem and self-discipline. Furthermore we endeavour to encourage a caring attitude, a belief in tolerance and equal opportunity and the ability to work co-operatively within teams.
Potential candidates are invited to visit the school for an informal confidential chat with the Headteacher (Jason Roberts) and the Director of Standards - Maths and Numeracy (Luke Martin). To arrange an appointment please call Mr Robert’s P.A. Gina Kane on (0151 363 1111 ext. 200.
Please visit our website for more information: www.gateacre.org
If you require an application pack via email please email Anne Kavanagh, Head of Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 22nd February 2019 and interviews will take place during the week commencing 25th February 2019. Applications should be returned to Anne Kavanagh: email@example.com
The Role of Lead Practitioner Maths
The central purpose of this role is to raise achievement in Maths. All other aspects are negotiable with the successful candidate. We recognise that the successful candidate will have specific strengths, interests and career aspirations and we are eager to develop these when building a role description.
Gateacre School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.