Post: Lead Practitioner Mathematics.
Starting date: September 2019 or earlier by negotiation
Salary: Lead Practitioner Scale 6-10 (£45,213 - £49,937)
Location: Southmoor Multi Academy Trust
Contract type: Full time
Contract Term: Permanent
It’s only January and we are already looking towards September! If you are too, the chances are you have the skills to plan long term and the integrity to see a job through. We are seeking a strong Maths teacher who can deliver results. It’s really that simple. So rule yourself in….
You DON’T necessarily need the following:
• A long time served in the classroom.
• Significant leadership experience.
• An existing TLR.
You DO need
• Teaching talent.
• Drive and ambition to improve student results.
• Evidence of how you have delivered strong GCSE results.
• A personal desire to be the best.
In return we offer:
• Additional holiday as part of our unique Smart and flexible Working initiatives. Talk to our staff who benefit from additional flexibility and the ability to finally get cheaper flights!
• A highly competitive salary regardless of your current salary levels.
• A key post in a successful academy with the opportunity for further promotion and development within a growing trust.
• A supportive working environment within a team of highly effective practitioners who already achieve high standards (2018 attainment is well above national averages).
• The opportunity to shape your own future career path in close consultation with Trust Senior Leadership.
• A recognised share in our success.
• Please visit Southmoor Way of Working for further information on what makes us different.
• We are a highly successful Multi Academy Trust currently comprising of two secondary schools: Southmoor Academy; a very successful 11-18 academy with a sixth form in the top 20% nationally, and Sandhill View Academy; a rapidly improving 11-16 academy.
• In November 2017, Ofsted said, “Southmoor Academy is a good and improving school where pupils are achieving well. The headteacher provides strong and effective leadership… effectively assisted by leaders at all levels. Good teaching, learning and assessment enable all groups of pupils to progress well.”
• In March 2018, Ofsted said of Sandhill View Academy, “Leaders have taken firm action to improve the quality of subject leadership across the school, with the result that there is now a strong team with clarity about the areas that they need to improve further. Teachers, subject leaders and staff are enthusiastic and positive about the school’s current position and its ability to improve further.”
We are seeking the very best talent and to this end we are in no rush and will not compromise on quality. So if you are interested but committed to your current responsibilities we understand. Joining us in September 2019 could be the option for you.
Prospective candidates are warmly invited to visit Southmoor and / or Sandhill View Academies. In order to accommodate your needs this can also include times beyond the school day. Please contact Sam Ferry, HR Manager on 0191 5949992 ext 2017 or alternatively 07891560238.
Please visit our website for more information: www.southmoorschool.co.uk
If you require an application pack via email please contact Sam Ferry Ferry.S@sandhillview.com
Closing Date for receipt of applications is 9.00am on Monday 25th February 2019. Applications should be returned to Sam Ferry: Ferry.S@sandhillview.com
Southmoor Academy is a very successful and rapidly expanding 11-18 academy. Despite deprivation exceeding national levels, the school is regularly one of the top schools in Sunderland on a wide range of indicators.
At Southmoor 2018 GCSE results have risen 8% for both L5+ E&M and L4+ E&M to 45% and 66% respectively. Attainment 8 has risen 2.8 points to 50.1 and both maths and English exceed national attainment averages despite an FSM level of 37%. Progress 8 is 0.12 and L3 VA is 0.16 (above average). We can and will achieve even more!
At Sandhill View 2018 results are improving rapidly: L5 E&M 36% (up from 28%), L4 E&M 58% (up from 53%), A8 41.4 (up from 39%), P8 -0.27 (up from -0.45). Maths has a positive P8 score! Sandhill View is a rapidly improving school and with the support of Southmoor MAT has improved.
2018 A level results at 78% A*-C and L3 VA at 0.16 places the school as the best in the area. Above all else, our 98% retention rate is second to none; so our students are happy!
The maths team at Southmoor consists of 10 fulltime committed specialists and at Sandhill View there are 6. We deliver GCSE Mathematics, GCSE Statistics as well as A ‘Level Mathematics and further Mathematics. A very popular choice at Southmoor the uptake for Mathematics at A ‘Level is very strong. The MAT has one of the top performing Maths teams in Sunderland and our results have remained at a consistently high level. It is a very supportive team who collaborate regularly to ensure our standards remain high. We look forward to welcoming a new colleague.
We are a forward thinking progressive MAT school. We have become the North East Oxnet Hub which promotes Russell Group applications (in 2018 one third of our pupils went to Russell Group universities). Southmoor MAT consists of two secondary schools. Being part of a larger organisation really gives us the ability to draw in special talent and offer many more opportunities to those who join us.
The Role of Lead Practitioner Maths
The central purpose of this role is to raise achievement in Maths. All other aspects are negotiable with the successful candidate. We recognise that the successful candidate will have specific strengths, interests and career aspirations and we are eager to develop these when building a role description.
There is no secret to our success, we simply value talent. We recognise and reward the hard work and ability of our employees. If you make a difference for us it will make a difference for you.
Southmoor Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Southmoor Academy and The Sixth Form is part of Southmoor Academy Trust which includes Sandhill View School.