We require an outstanding Lead Practitioner to inspire, guide and advise on best practice within the Academy. You will work in conjunction with the Assistant Headteacher (Teaching and Learning), to support whole school improvement whilst supporting first class standards throughout the Maths department.
You would be joining a very successful department who achieve outstanding results. In 2017, the Maths Progress 8 score was +0.39 which was significantly above national. In additional to this, Maths progress for the last two years has been in the top 20% of schools nationally.
You will be:
· Able to motivate, inspire and support others to achieve excellence in teaching and learning.
· Committed to the highest standards of achievement for all students.
· Committed to delivering consistently outstanding teaching and ability to share your practice with others in a constructive and collaborative manner both in departments and across whole school.
· Able to lead/assist in the planning of the Maths curriculum.
· Able to inspire pupils of all abilities within Maths to achieve their highest potential.
· Able to contribute to the strategic development of the department by implementing new initiatives, monitoring and reporting on key outcomes, to ensure the department meets academic targets.
· Able to confidently manage behaviour within the classroom and throughout the school.
· Able to maximise progress with all pupils, in particular those that are disadvantaged.
· Able to work with the Leader of Maths to develop/maintain outstanding practice.
· Able to coach and mentor teachers who are not yet ‘good’ including creating coaching logs and support plans.
· Able to work alongside a member of SLT to develop a whole school strategy to improve Teaching & Learning for a specific group of pupils.
· A dedicated and motivated individual who is an outstanding practitioner.
· An inspirational leader with excellent interpersonal, team development and leadership skills.
· Passionate about the education of young people and the role teaching and learning plays in education.
· Passionate about Maths.
· Committed to achieving the best for every pupil.
· Committed to the Academy’s ethos and values at all times both within the Academy and the wider community.
· Committed to inspiring pupils and staff in the development of teaching initiatives and strategies, promoting them throughout the whole school and within your department.
· Committed to making an active contribution to the wider part of Academy life.
Completed applications should be addressed to Mr George Panayiotou, Headteacher at the school address or via email to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Monday 21st May at 11am with interviews being held later that week.
For further information on the school, the role and ‘how to apply’ please visit www.castlefordacademy.com or telephone Mrs Kelly Baker, HR Manager on 01977 605075.