Lodge Park Academy, Corby, is now recruiting for a Lead Practitioner - Maths.
About our Academy
Lodge Park is an 11-18 comprehensive academy, based in the town of Corby with nearly 900 students on roll. In January 2019 the academy was judged as requiring special measures by Ofsted. The new leadership team, with support from the David Ross Education Trust have drawn up rigorous plans to ensure rapid progress is made to improve the quality of education for all pupils.
Lodge Park is therefore seeking to recruit teachers who will have high expectations of all pupils and will work relentlessly to secure improved outcomes and life chances for the young people in our community. Driving this improvement is a commitment from academy leaders that teachers are the experts in their subject and they should be enabled to teach well planned units of the curriculum, ensuring students acquire knowledge; without the distraction of unnecessary workload, excessive observation and scrutiny or low value administrative tasks.
Leaders are committed to the “Principles of Direct Instruction” to deliver a knowledge based curriculum and we are seeking teachers who are looking to continue their professional development through an evidenced based approach to learning. The academy has a warm-strict approach to discipline and high expectations of pupils are now supported through a consistent and robust consequence system which is designed so teachers can concentrate on teaching and pupils can concentrate on learning.
The town of Corby in situated in the North of the county and is close to the market towns of Stamford, Uppingham, Oakham and Market Harborough. There are good transport links to the South East and the city of Leicester is only a 35 minute drive.
About the role
We are looking for an outstanding Maths teacher to provide both excellent teaching and also potentially to lead on aspects of the developing Maths department. A Lead Practitioner would be consistently good or an outstanding teacher, with the results to prove it, who is ambitious and highly motivated to lead others. The Lead Practitioner will do everything possible to raise the quality of teaching and learning in Maths and throughout the Academy.
Permanent role – 32.5 hours per week
Salary & Benefits
- Lead Practitioner pay-scale
- Access to Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- An excellent provision for your professional development and Leadership Development programme
Who we are looking for
- Degree or equivalent
- Qualified Teacher Status
- A sound academic background in Maths
- 3 years+ experience in teaching would be preferred, but not essential
- Exemplary, outstanding practitioner
- Good communicator and effective team member and leader
- Maths National Curriculum and GCSE Maths syllabus
- Excellent knowledge of classroom skills and Teacher Standards
- Excellent understanding of the Ofsted framework and what constitutes effective teaching and learning
- Contemporary pedagogy
- Understanding of the strategies needed to establish consistently high aspirations and standards of results and behaviour
- Familiar with recent developments in the teaching and learning of the subject including strategies for raising achievement
- Experienced in using a range of teaching and learning styles
- Able to use assessment data to improve achievement
- Able to use ICT across the curriculum and for administrative purposes
- Understand how the National Curriculum applies to all students
- Accepting of how the Academy Specialisms can be incorporated into the subject
Apply now - Please complete the on-line application form.
Lodge Park Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.