Lead Practitioner Mathematics
Permanent | LPR 1 – 5 (£39,965 – £44,106) | January 2020
• Have the ambition to lead and support others in delivering and developing excellent teaching, learning and curriculum?
• Want to raise the attainment and progress of students in Mathematics through innovative curriculum design, first wave teaching, tracking, intervention and study support?
• Strive to develop ambitious, confident, resilient young people and adults?
• Wish to have the opportunity to influence provision across the Academy/Trust?
Sir Thomas Wharton Academy is the place to develop your career
Our rapidly improving 11 – 18 school and collaborative Sixth Form is going through an exciting period of change. Sir Thomas Wharton Academy is part of an innovative Multi-Academy Trust with four primary and three secondary Academies providing quality education and support for families and young people within the locality.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious, talented and highly effective teacher with a proven track record of securing successful student outcomes across all key stages. The Lead Practitioner for Mathematics will possess the key leadership qualities necessary to develop professionals, inspire young people and contribute to school improvement as part of the extended Academy leadership team.
The successful candidate will:
• Have vision, energy and enthusiasm for learning and teaching
• Be proactive, innovative and focused on student outcomes
• Be an aspiring, ambitious leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Have a proven track record of delivering and shaping high quality teaching and learning
In return we offer:
• An opportunity to contribute to developing teaching and learning across the Learning Trust
• Modern learning spaces which inspire outstanding teaching and learning
• Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Professional Learning and Development at leadership level
• Mentoring and support from an experienced leadership team
If desirable, prospective candidates are invited to visit our Academy. Please contact Min Cunning, firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
For insight into recent developments within our Mathematics department, take a look at our twitter and Instagram accounts: @stwamathematics and STWAMathematics
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
How do I apply?
For an Application Form, Role Description and Person Specification, please contact Min Cunning on 0114 272 1470, or email email@example.com
Completed applications including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role should be addressed to Mrs Yvonne Bootman, Associate Principal and submitted to Min Cunning at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 21st October 9am. Interviews will be held the week commencing 21st October.
We reserve the right to close early subject to receiving suitable applications – we therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest convenience.