Lead Practitioner for English
Job Start: January 2018 or as soon as possible
Location: The Polesworth School, North Warwickshire
Salary: Leadership Scale – dependent on the experience of the successful candidate
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding, inspirational and dynamic professional who has the capacity to be a Lead Practitioner across English.
The purpose of this new role will be:
- To lead, develop and implement teaching and learning initiatives and strategies throughout the school, Trust and Teaching School which improve the practice of colleagues and promote excellent outcomes for all students.
- To contribute to the formulation of the school’s aims and policies and ensure that they are translated into action in the classroom.
- To help ensure a high calibre of teaching professionals through timely, appropriate and high quality continuous professional development.
- To secure continuous improvement leading to transformation in the teaching of the subject, raising standards and producing the highest levels of student achievement.
- To be accountable for leading, managing and developing the subject/curriculum areas as well as student progress and development.
- You will teach across the age and ability range including A Level.
The Polesworth School is a thriving 11-18 comprehensive with a dynamic sixth form that is extremely popular and well regarded by its North Warwickshire community. It is a founder member of The Community Academies Trust – A DFE sponsor and successful academy chain. We are also a National Teaching School. The Polesworth School is OUTSTANDING! Ofsted recognises the exceptional levels of academic success, care, welfare, relationships and leadership that exist across our school.
We can offer you;
- Focussed career development, including structured CPD
- An outstanding team that work together collaboratively, sharing fantastic ideas and resources
- A supportive induction process and a range of systems to help you continue to develop.
We are keen to welcome colleagues who share our passion for engaging students in learning and inspiring them to achieve.
- Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of our students?
- Do you have what it takes to work with a determined leadership team and staff, which promote excellence, and consistently challenge you to improve?
If so, then we welcome you to join our team at The Polesworth School.
We actively encourage visits to the school.
Closing date: 9.00 am on Monday 25th September 2017
Interviews to be held shortly thereafter
For further information, the application form and job description, please contact Mark Williams on the below details
T: 0116 253 2389 / 07841 368 765
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment
The above post is subject to a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure Certificate with Barred List check (child) via the Disclosure and Barring Service.