Testbourne Community School, an 11-16 comprehensive school with an extremely able cohort, is an Outstanding School (Ofsted 2010) which provides a forward thinking, outward looking and vibrant learning environment. We pride ourselves on the strength of staff and student relationships and we have a strong community at the heart of our ethos. Our shared philosophy is embodied by our strapline ‘Achievement | Excellence | Integrity.’ Under the leadership of our new Headteacher and we are working together to continually raise expectations, improve our practice and raise standards of students’ achievements in order to secure our outstanding judgement for the future.
The post has arisen as part of our strategic plan to increase the capacity of the English department and to facilitate our focus on the development of teaching and learning through the use of an expert coaching team. The position provides an exciting career opportunity for an ambitious candidate who would like to further develop their career as part of our dynamic teaching and learning team with a relentless drive for the highest learning and achievement.
Due to the nature of the post, the successful candidate will have a track record of excellent teaching and examination results alongside an ability to mentor, coach and lead others.
We are dedicated to offering the right candidate systematic professional development to enable them to achieve excellence. We provide a highly supportive environment with opportunities to develop as an education practitioner and leader. The school is part of PIXL and has strong ties with local school alliances and consortia and therefore has access to a strong professional network in which to share good practice and support your growth as a professional and a leader.
In summary, the successful candidate will:
• be an excellent teacher of English Language and English Literature;
• have a passion for learning and teaching and be committed to raising standards across the department;
• be up to date with current pedagogical thinking;
• be able to inspire others to ensure the delivery of high quality learning experiences for our students;
• have fantastic subject knowledge and, in particular, understand how to teach highly challenging lessons so that students can reach the top grades in the subject;
• have extremely high expectations of themselves and others;
• be committed to ongoing professional development with a desire to develop beyond this post in the future.
We can offer you:-
• a highly professional and collaborative working environment focused on developing a love of learning;
• the resources and facilities to continue to improve students' progress and attainment;
• an opportunity to demonstrate leadership and develop skills in a committed, evaluative and continually developing team;
• first rate personal career development to assist you in the fulfilment of your ambitions.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 19th March 2018
Interview Date: Monday 26th March 2018
Application forms and further details are available from the school website www.testbourne.hants.sch.uk or alternatively contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Testbourne Community School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau checks, along with other relevant employment checks.