The Academy offers a unique blend of tradition and future, seeking the highest standards of behaviour and appearance, whilst maintaining an emphasis on harnessing technologies, and exploring every avenue in improving teaching, learning, and assessment.
We are proud of our sport specialism, and make every effort to ensure all students are given the opportunity to develop and progress, in terms of health and leadership, via the avenue of PE and Sport. This links closely to our PRIDE values, which are based on the Olympic and Para Olympics values.
We can offer you;
• A considerate employer with regard for your well-being and family priorities
• A health care plan to cover some of the costs of keeping you well such as dental, physio and eye care, with the addition of counselling and fast track to consultant appointments should you be carrying the worry of a health scare
• Excellent professional development / guidance and opportunities to progress through our extensive CPD programme
• Every member of staff and student is equipped with a Chromebook device to aid innovative teaching and reduce workload
• Friendly and supportive colleagues
• Students that are helpful, with good manners and take pride in their appearance.
• A wide variety of clubs, trips, events and opportunities
• A large and successful sixth form
• Free onsite parking and access to our onsite gym and padel tennis courts.
We are looking for;
• A qualified and enthusiastic team player who has a passion for the subject and an ability to bring it to life in the classroom
• An individual who can contribute in developing a range of activities and strategies to strengthen teaching and learning across the school
• A practitioner that can support and coach staff in developing and extending their pedagogic repertoire
• A practitioner who can model best practice in ensuring lessons are well differentiated, providing for the least able, the most able and gifted students
• The successful applicant will model best practice in the effective use of student performance data and student and staff targeting, so that this impacts on classroom practice and contributes to raising achievement
• The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a historic track record of high performance in examinations and demonstrate capacity to share their practice more widely
• An individual to support the science leadership team in departmental improvement
• A teacher with a continued commitment to their own professional development
• A Chemist preferably. However, outstanding candidates of Physics and Biology will also be considered.
Applications are welcomed from experienced teachers and the successful applicant will be supported by an excellent department.
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a progressive school and departments that thrive on good humour and team work then please apply below. Interviews to be held week commencing 21 October 2019.
We welcome a visit at any time, so please make the time to come in and see our school at work.